Work in progress - KIngTiger!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks gorgeous!

Won't comment on the Cherry since you told me it was the one who did the Bismark in.

biggrin.gif

Just one thing, how come are you wasting your time posting here and not working on ALL the vehicule?

Say, what is MadMatt point of view concerning your work? Are you two trying to outdo the other?

Boy I don't have the game and I already have loads of things to download.

biggrin.gif

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

Hey, CCJ, looks like there's a goof on the KT in this shot:

http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj/CCJ_KingTiger1.JPG

The glacis texture is reversed. The MG should be on the side closer to us. I don't have the full game yet, so I don't know if this was something that you carried over from the original texture.

The other shots looks very nice. How big wil the full textrue set be when you are done?

These pics are cool but also flawed in one big way. They are made with a warez version of Combat Mission. I am a little dissapointed at Colin for falling for this temptation. I am only human enough to admit that I was tempted too but I resisted it and will do so until my full copy arrives.

Please Colin, remove it if you can.

Marcus

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntg84:

How the heck did you know it was warez by the pic? And the machine gun port is on the wrong side.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I can not pretend to be able to comment on the MG, the assumption that Colin is using a Warez version is based on the following:

1. He lives in Australia, so no way he could have received the game yet.

2. Some of the screenshots on his page are from the 'Villers-Bocage' scenario, which is only available in the full version.

3. Colin has been challenged on where he got the full version from in another thread but has not addressed this.

Put together, you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to arrive at the conclusion of MarcusM. Althought there are other possibilities, I think they are rather unlikely.

Colin, I really hope you at least reported the site to BTS after DLing and don't give it to anybody else.

------------------

Andreas

I'm not really mad at Colin but more dissapointed due to his long support of CM. Many forget that these warez guys are not the same type of kids you saw in 80's (Amiga, Atari were more or less killed by warez). Today these foks are closelly tied to the organized crime.

Reports show that in Russia warez rings are handled by the same folks that handle kid-prositution rings and heavy drug traffic. Huge amounts of money is earned by selling pirated cd:s.

Think about this when you support warez.

Marcus

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by billcarey:

Of course, CoolColJ is listed in the manual credits as an artwork dude, so he may have gotten a beta CD... just a thought...

- Bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was the other possibility I mentioned above. Hope that is so.

------------------

Andreas

Guest SS Peiper

CoolColJ man the is one fine looking King tiger. its a must have. Great job keep up the good work.

SS Peiper

Well if this is true I apologize to Colin, Fionn was pretty sure about it, that's why I commented.

In any case I am not angry at Colin, it's the people who distribute it. Everyone has made a mistake or two in their life so it's better to hunt down the real crooks than slamming someone who made a mistake.

Marcus

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Well, there is something I find odd.

If Colin did get his copy in a legal way, why doesn't he defend himself? Why is he letting the rumours spread?

Or maybe he got it via warez and is too ashamed to post a message...

I believe in the cry of the innocents.

Assuming this guy is an adult, maybe he doesn't feel he owes any of you an explaination of his behavior. Face it most of us here aren't actually friends, we just have a few things in common.

1. Wargames

2. Combat Mission(best wargame I've ever played.)

3. That's it...

As an adult, I choose who I answer to and who I don't answer to. He owes you no explaination. Actually he owes you nothing.

As someone who does not personally know him or his affiliations, who am I or who are you to suspect him of wrong doing..

------------------

Lead, Follow or Get the Hell Out of the Way...

Guest Germanboy

Just read Fionn's post, so my original reasoning still stands, no need to apologise then. Shame.

------------------

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 06-25-2000).]

I'm just posting here cause I don't want everyone jumping on Marcus.

1. Colin did NOT get a beta.

2. The ONLY way he has CM is if he got it via downloading from a warez site since CM hasn't arrived in Australia yet.

3. He HAS publicly shown and stated that he has CM and is in Australia. Therefore he d/led it from a warez site.

He also reported the site to Charles ( which is good) BUT he dl/ed a warez version ( which is VERY, VERY, VERY bad) and I know a lot of other testers feel as angry as him as I do.

We feel very let down by his behaviour.

To those who want to give the benefit of the doubt etc.. That's very nice of you BUT (and I want to underline this) there is no doubt about what happened. It is known to testers and those whom I've talked with about this feel as angry as I do at what has happened.

BUT

did he BUY the game

and is waiting for his order to arrive?

I assume Colin did buy the game and it hasn't arrived yet.

Well it may be a moot point, BTS has his money, he has the game and now he says he won't post here anymore and I suspect he may no longer be interested in sharing his new mods and textures.

I don't blame him.

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

BUT

did he BUY the game

and is waiting for his order to arrive?

I assume Colin did buy the game and it hasn't arrived yet.

Well it may be a moot point, BTS has his money, he has the game and now he says he won't post here anymore and I suspect he may no longer be interested in sharing his new mods and textures.

I don't blame him.

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's see, I buy a TV and ask for it to be delivered. The store only has a floor model so they order one for me. I happen to see the TV truck leave the store late one night but the store is now closed and I can't get my TV. What do I do? I break in and get my TV. No problem, right? rolleyes.gif I paid for it and since the store was at fault for taking so long to get it to my house, what I did is no longer wrong but actually right? rolleyes.gif

Go figure. confused.gif

------------------

Dan

I'm not saying that what he MIGHT have done is right, but he obviously spends a lot of time doing those sound and graphic mods and i know that a lot of ppl were always pushing him to release his mod pack and maybe he felt that he had to get the full version asap via warez so that he could work on his mod pack, even if he expected to receive the full version a week or so later.

Just a thought.

------------------

COMBAT MISSIONS- The Source For CM Ops & Scenarios

WWW.COMBATMISSIONS.CO.UK