Stalingrad Mod: Chapter Two

Hello all:

We would like to continue with the project and want to gauge interest in two areas:

- Raise your hand if you would enjoy more scenarios from the ruined city. :)

- Raise both hands if you volunteer to design and/or test new scenarios.
            Designers will have several testers available. :D

Not sure if there has every been a better small unit tactical rendition of Stalingrad - even with the '44 TO&E limitation. Not sure if one will be along any time soon either. 

The MOD has been downloaded well over 100 times over at the FGM

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=3776

Let us know your thoughts ...

7 hours ago, kevinkin said:

Hello all:

We would like to continue with the project and want to gauge interest in two areas:

- Raise your hand if you would enjoy more scenarios from the ruined city. :)

- Raise both hands if you volunteer to design and/or test new scenarios.
            Designers will have several testers available. :D

Not sure if there has every been a better small unit tactical rendition of Stalingrad - even with the '44 TO&E limitation. Not sure if one will be along any time soon either. 

The MOD has been downloaded well over 100 times over at the FGM

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=3776

Let us know your thoughts ...

Kevin I am currently working on a campaign featuring you guys mod. Mainly doing it to show off the awesome mod. I did add a few things such as some late summer foliage and some additional terrain to add a bit more diversity but all the credit will go to the work you guys have done and hopefully will draw some additional interest to this great work.  I used a modified German TOE that hopefully removes all the panzerfausts and schreks to give a more authentic period German force. I'll let you know when it is ready. 

I'll probably ask for a few testers to check the thing out to see if it works lol. I used your master map and cut it up for smaller individual maps as well as the other two maps you made for the two scenarios then put my own twist on them for the specific mission. I added and took away a few things mainly flavor stuff to fit the particular scenario. Hopefully it will be fun for those who want to try it. 

Kevinkin,

Sorry, I can only give you one hand right now.  Very busy with RL.  I did up a short story with pictures from your scenario "May We All Be Heroes" and posted it in the screenshots threads.  Don't know if you got to see it.  I was hoping it would provide some more support for your Stalingrad mod.

I think your work is amazing on this subject.  I'll look forward to anything y'all put together on your maps.  I'm also looking forward to see how Dragonwynn progresses with his campaign. 

If I could help out more I surely would.  I'd like to think that your efforts so far might help BF when they eventually get around to some official work on Stalingrad.  If you don't give me a deadline for playtesting some battles, I might be able to help out somewhat.  You can PM me if you like.

Again, your work on Stalingrad is stunning and truly appreciated.  Thanks for all your efforts.

Heinrich505

Actually Nigel gets most of the credit for the MOD itself. I did see the short story. Thanks for sharing that with everyone. We understand the RL stuff. Hate to just move on without inviting others to join the team. Nigel and I have a good start on a bunch of classic scenarios. They will be released based on our judgement and testing if a larger team is not doable. Apart from the classics, would there is any interest in a few smaller sized "history based" battles for H2H action in the ruins?

Edited by kevinkin

3 hours ago, dragonwynn said:

Kevin I am currently working on a campaign featuring you guys mod. Mainly doing it to show off the awesome mod. I did add a few things such as some late summer foliage and some additional terrain to add a bit more diversity but all the credit will go to the work you guys have done and hopefully will draw some additional interest to this great work.  I used a modified German TOE that hopefully removes all the panzerfausts and schreks to give a more authentic period German force. I'll let you know when it is ready. 

:D Oh, man...can't wait...

I'd love "history based" battles in the ruins but H2H is something I don't have much time for.  If you could also make them vs AI it would be great as well.  I know trying to make them with triggers and AI plans would complicate things a bit. 

Sorry for leaving out Nigel earlier.  His work is stellar.

Heinrich505

Kevinkin speaking of snow I experimented with the Winter Modification Teams CMRT snow mod along with you guys Stalingrad Mod in my campaign and it really looked awesome. I'm not sure if I will use it as I have been unable to find when the first snow fell in the city. Right now the campaign dates are running in late September but I was thinking of changing it to mid or late October. But anyway was just letting you know the winter mod works well with your project if you want to look at getting that team involved in some winter scenarios in Stalingrad. 

Michael

I heard the news baby
All about your disease
Yeah, you may have all you want baby
But I got somethin' you need, oh yeah
Ain't talkin' 'bout love
My love is rotten to the core
Ain't talkin' 'bout love
Just like I told you before, yeah before
You know you're semi-good lookin'
And on the streets again
Oh yeah, you think you're really cookin' baby
You better find yourself a friend, my friend
Ain't talkin' 'bout love
Ain't gonna talk about love
Just like I told you before, before
Before, before, before
Ain't talkin' 'bout love
Babe, it's rotten to the core
Ain't talkin' bout love
Just like I told you before, before
I been to the edge
And there I stood and looked down
You know I lost a lot of friends there baby
I got

got no time to mess around 
Mmmm, so if you want it got to bleed for it baby 
Yeah, got to got to bleed baby 
Mmmm, you got to got to bleed baby 
Hey, got to got to bleed baby 
Ain't talkin' 'bout love 
Ain't talkin' 'bout love 
Just like I told you before, before, before 
Ain't talkin' 'bout love 
Don't wanna talk about love 
Don't need to talk about love 
Ain't gonna talk about love, no more, no more, ah 
Hey Hey Hey 
Hey Hey Hey 

19 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

anyway..I will definitely be up for making a Stalingrad Winter scenario. :D  ...this winter...

How is winter defined in Texas? I write this from Vermont and there is a wee chill in the air out of the steppe , I mean the Canada. 

1 hour ago, kevinkin said:

How is winter defined in Texas? I write this from Vermont and there is a wee chill in the air out of the steppe , I mean the Canada. 

Hey!...  It pushed it's way through us from Alaska man, no fair!  :P

Edited by Blazing 88's