New Ukrainian military hardware

"Stugna-P" already exists in base game (but named "Skif"), thogh new RK-2M missiles appeared with 1100 mm penetration beyond ERA (base RK-2S has only 800 mm)

Picture place with BMP is empty, I can't see what exactly BMP-1 modification, but I think its BMP-1UM. ERA blocks are not ridiculos - this is "Nozh-L" special variant of "Nozh" ERA for light armor. But on this specimen its just boxes w/o HE element. BMP-1UM exists only in one piece as demonstrator. No money for upgrading of existing BMP-1 and MoD don't hurry to adopt it. By our laws MoD can't to order no one bullet if it not officially adopted. So, in some cases we have weird situation, when National Gurd, which can to order all what it want, equipped better, then Army. Especially in light armor.

"Dozor B" - alas, we have big problems with serial production and quality of first party of these light APC. Now its directed to the training center for final tests. If its again will show weak points in some construction elements, MoD can even refuse to adopt Dozors to service. So, don't expect it in next module.

"Warmate" - no any info about it serial production. This is just test specimеn, delivered form Poland. Possibly production will start in this or next year, but MoD didn't adopt yet "Warmate" to service. 

Edited by Haiduk

Ukrainian army from the game, doesn't have much in common with the reality. It's kind of "what if", or best case version of Ukrainian forces. I don't see why the devs couldn't include potentially interesting equippment in some hypothetical CMBS expansion :)

Ivanov,

Thanks for the pics and love the digital camouflage on the reworked BMP-1.

MikeyD,

With the added bonus Sir Mix-A-Lot would approve!  

Haiduk,

While the angle is bad, I see no evidence of a sensor turret, so find myself wondering how this thing guides. That little hole in the front of the nose seems rather inadequate for much of anything, yet it must have some purpose. Appreciate info on status of new toy ref UA. 

Regards,

John Kettler

1 hour ago, John Kettler said:

While the angle is bad, I see no evidence of a sensor turret, so find myself wondering how this thing guides. That little hole in the front of the nose seems rather inadequate for much of anything, yet it must have some purpose.

Are you talking about the UAV? Here's some info from the manufacturers website:

http://wb.com.pl/warmate-en/?lang=en

Ivanov,

Spasibo! Armed with the system description, it's clear that it does have day and thermal acquisition and targeting. Also, in looking at the nose, while I can't explain that hole, I'm thinking the orange part may be simply a protective cover for the sensor package. Certainly, it's wholly counterproductive if trying not to be noticed!

This piece on Warmate shows something utterly unlike (looked rather like a Stealth aircraft) what we're seeing, though the pic is useful in that it shows the sensor turret. Additionally, it has some great stuff on warhead options. There is HE and HEAT, but this is not your usual variety, for it's a linear shaped charge,designed to kill light armor. Given that, I suspect it would ruin a tanker's day if it hit the turret roof or engine compartment. In the pic here (which for unknown reasons won't load) you can clearly see there is no sensor turret on our bird. Since we know it does have the aforementioned sensor package, logic and engineering knowledge(worked for over 11 years in military aerospace, the first six of which were with Hughes Aircraft Missile systems group, which made all sorts of missiles, including TOW and Maverick) tell me the sensor package must be in the nose. Note also this bird isn't sporting its nose in flaming International Orange!

Regards,

John Kettler

10 hours ago, Ivanov said:

Ukrainian army from the game, doesn't have much in common with the reality. It's kind of "what if", or best case version of Ukrainian forces. I don't see why the devs couldn't include potentially interesting equippment in some hypothetical CMBS expansion :)

You mistake :). Single "fantasy" in the base game is Oplot. Abscence of some vehicles like BMP-1 caused by TO&E list was made in 2012. In future module or patch this will be corrected.

Edited by Haiduk

7 hours ago, Haiduk said:

You mistake :). Single "fantasy" in the base game is Oplot. Abscence of some vehicles like BMP-1 caused by TO&E list was made in 2012. In future module or patch this will be corrected.

Is it? Is Ukrainian army lavishly equipped with modern ATGMs like Stugnas ( Skifs ) or is the BTR-4 main Ukrainian APC? Also as you said, most of the players pick Oplots as their tank of choice. This is very far from reality, but it doesn't matter since CMBS features a fictional conflict. People like seeing new equipment in the game and I think some potential future hardware would be a nice addition. For the record, I like playing using less optimal stuff: T-64, 9M113, no APS on tanks 

1 hour ago, Ivanov said:

Is it? Is Ukrainian army lavishly equipped with modern ATGMs like Stugnas ( Skifs ) or is the BTR-4 main Ukrainian APC? Also as you said, most of the players pick Oplots as their tank of choice. This is very far from reality, but it doesn't matter since CMBS features a fictional conflict. People like seeing new equipment in the game and I think some potential future hardware would be a nice addition. For the record, I like playing using less optimal stuff: T-64, 9M113, no APS on tanks 

I believe some battalions are being  partially equipped with the BTR-4,  but more like on a per company basis -  @Haiduk  

Edited by kinophile

16 hours ago, Ivanov said:

Are you talking about the UAV? Here's some info from the manufacturers website:

http://wb.com.pl/warmate-en/?lang=en

As someone who has some actual experience with the Armed Forces of that country, I can see the Warmate is definitely an interesting combat device. Granted, the load is bigger than what the USA has with the Switchblade UAV and when employed properly, Warmate is shown to be capable of knocking down a IFV (I won't go into details about battle use, out of decency). I know the whole project might go down to various reasons in the future but it still is an interesting one. 

Imagine a hypothetical mech. inf. squad equipped with 2 of these, with variable charge types. Enemy mech. inf. squad IFV would be suffer from death from above. 

32 minutes ago, kinophile said:

I believe some battalions are being  partially equipped with the BTR-4,  but more like on a per company basis -  @Haiduk  

BTR-4 is in service with Ukrainian army ( National Guard ) but in very small numbers, plus it's plagued with technical problems.

4 hours ago, Ivanov said:

Agree, this is problem of players, not the game. "Far from reality" is only single Oplot in UKR tank forces. But players have a choise and Oplot has a appropriate rarity for QB. About new ATGMs and other. Of course, speed of its coming to service is insufficient, but about two companies of 92nd brigade (single mech.brigade on BTR) already have BTR-4 and also one company of 25th airborne brigade also has this APC. Anyway, when you choose BTR-4, you can imagine that this is National Guard unit :) - really NGU squad almost the same like squad of mech.unit. BTR-4 hasn't big problems. But we have poor drivers training for its and lack of experience for field repair units in field works on this APC.

Edited by Haiduk