Is this family over?

7 hours ago, IanL said:

We were all happy holding out hope that one day we might get an early war game...

That's okay. Please continue to hope and continue to lobby for it. Just be patient and persevering. I said I didn't think it would happen soon, I didn't say it wouldn't happen at all. I may not live to see it, but some of you younger guys might.

:D

Michael

4 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Hey Christopher Nolan is making a Dunkirk movie right!

There you go. If that plays well, it could be the start of a new era. Consider what SPR and BoB did for the ETO. Okay, so they got lots of it wrong, still they fired up a lot of interest among a younger generation.

Michael

12 hours ago, Doc844 said:

P.S. again not bashing yanks or wanting to start a flame war or whatever, the video links to other european countries and the UK i just find it amazing that people can be that thick.

You say you aren't bashing Americans, but then you proceed to do exactly that. :rolleyes:

About that video link. Yeh, I had an old friend who produced a small historical journal for years (decades). He said the most insightful, thoughtful correspondence invariably came from small countries like Finland and Estonia. And the most moronic, wildly uninformed questions invariably came out of the US. It is hard to comprehend what people *don't* know until you bump up against it personally. I recall a good 30 years ago having this same conversation. I was telling a coworker about a study that showed most college graduates didn't know when Columbus discovered America. The coworker replied "That's really awful. Like... uh... he did that in the late 1800's, right?" Yeh, Columbus discovered America AFTER the Civil War. You only missed by 400 years. I've got a buddy now in his 60s who think the Nazis flew flying saucers.