Lets play the "Identify this Artillery Piece" game!

Its interesting in one video a certain weapon will go 'THUMP' while in another video the same weapon will go 'BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!' I guess in order to hear it echoing off distant the hillsides you need for there to be hillsides in the vicinity for it to echo off of.  :)

Soldiers say, when a man turns out on frontline, he already through two weeks can clearly define what exactly weapon fire on it regardles on distance, nature obstacles or meteo factors. He also can define either incoming shell will dengerous and need to cover or it just will hit nearby. If man will not capable to learn this lessons, as quick as possible, then he risks to be wounded or be killed more apparently.

Edited by Haiduk

6 hours ago, Haiduk said:

Soldiers say that when a man arrives at the front line, within two weeks he can clearly define exactly which weapon is firing on him regardless of distance, natural obstacles or weather factors. He also can identify if an incoming shell is dangerous and he will need to cover or if it will just hit nearby. If a man is not capable of learning these lessons, as quickly as possible, then he has an increased risk of being wounded or be killed.

Not being snide, here. I personally prefer to be corrected when using another language; hell, even in English. The pursuit of perfection...

Edited by kinophile

7 hours ago, kinophile said:

Not being snide, here. I personally prefer to be corrected when using another language; hell, even in English. The pursuit of perfection...

ahah, where "red shame face" smile here ? :) I have too few speaking English experience (and hurried to write this post before go to work), so, don't shoot in a pianist, he is playing as he can :)  

1 hour ago, TJT said:

What are those clip loaded, high elevation guns after the tanks?

82 mm automatic mortars 2B9 "Vasilyok" (eng. "cornflower"). Before war its were in airmobile units only and in 128th mountain brigade, so its appearance in the game will be in next module I hope. Now these mortars also in service in some other infantry battalions too, mostly like supernumenary weapon.

30 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

82 mm automatic mortars 2B9 "Vasilyok" (eng. "cornflower"). Before war its were in airmobile units only and in 128th mountain brigade, so its appearance in the game will be in next module I hope. Now these mortars also in service in some other infantry battalions too, mostly like supernumenary weapon.

Thanks Haiduk. :)

Haiduk dont be shameful. Ukranian is a world apart from english. While your posts are riddled with grammatical mistakes you still make yourself understood talking about a very technical niche subject. I dont consider myself fluent in spanish but i speak a lot more than a little and i still feel often as if im speakjng like a 4 yr old when i speak to latinos in their native tongue.  Id definitely say your english is better than my spanish and i live next to a part of boston where theres an equal amt of signs in spanish as english

4 hours ago, Sublime said:

Haiduk dont be shameful. Ukranian is a world apart from english. While your posts are riddled with grammatical mistakes you still make yourself understood talking about a very technical niche subject. I dont consider myself fluent in spanish but i speak a lot more than a little and i still feel often as if im speakjng like a 4 yr old when i speak to latinos in their native tongue.  Id definitely say your english is better than my spanish and i live next to a part of boston where theres an equal amt of signs in spanish as english

Thanks :) Previous version of this forum had grammar check tool, which allowed to avoid many mistakes...

20 hours ago, Vanir Ausf B said:

Looks like the bog standard 2A65 Msta-B 152mm howitzer. So, definitely in Black Sea.

No, this is Giatsynt-B. These guns were returned back to service in late 2014. Now its in service of some artillery brigades, including Navy artillery brigade.

No prob. I had an anti sublime.crusade over.my grammar last fall because i was working so much that to be able to post i had to use my cellphone. ( btw all of you anti sublime crusaders can kiss my behind)

My advice was that theree an ignore function and sorry but it wasnt intentional. Plus sometimes the complaints were just irrational. OMFG you forgot TWO periods

Anyways it turned out i think to be less about grammar and more that a few individuals just were on an anti sublime crusade and would give me - reputation points for anything i posted at all. 

Anyways i digress. Dont feel shame. Youre a knowledgable and helpful addition to our board.

Edited by Sublime

Interesting video, which shows how changed a work of artillerists since 2014.

Mid of summer 2014 - battery of 2A65 Msta-B. Leisurely, slack soldiers slowly preparing guns to shooting...

... And spring of 2015. Also Msta-B battery of shortened composition (4 guns instead 6). Haste nervous work. Several salvos and run away until enemy not fired back...

7 hours ago, Haiduk said:

No, this is Giatsynt-B. These guns were returned back to service in late 2014. Now its in service of some artillery brigades, including Navy artillery brigade.

Right you are. The six wheels should have tipped me off.