Small bug with Rhino fitted tanks

Yeah, it's been raised in the past. Apparently, if the vehicle has the Cullin device, it can pass through hedgerows...even backwards. 

If the TacAI had to create pathfinding based on FACING, then it would be very difficult to achieve any sort of pathing. Apparently. Instead, if the unit is toggled that "hedgerows are passable" and the game is coded so that "vehicle passing through hedgerow eliminates hedgerow", then you see how this happens. It's a property of the unit, not a property of the FRONT of the unit.

At least, that's how I remember it being explained.

Not a bug, per se, but a gameplay/coding compromise.

6 minutes ago, Raptorx7 said:

One is intentional.

Well, I would say they are both intentional. If you know there's a bug in your feature and you can't fix it, but you still keep the feature in the game, then that's the same as a coding compromise. But I'm just being snarky :)

I've seen this bug in practice, but it's no big deal - it's really rare and you can avoid it by setting good waypoints instead of leaving too much to the pathfinding AI.

This is a known (and funny looking) bug. Testers reported this some time ago, but Charles looked into it and said that it would be very difficult / time consuming to fix, so it is going to be left in. Regardless, I recommend keeping the front towards enemy. ;)

10 hours ago, Bootie said:

This happened to me just yesterday.... in my St Jores battle!

Yes, I noticed that. It cost you a Sherman -- if I was in your position I'd be rather miffed. (Sorry for the delay in turns by the way)

Hope it gets fixed soon.

• 2 weeks later...