Quick battle - Assault setup

I set Quick battle:  Russian Army Assault vs Ukrainian Army - medium - 1 hour 15 minutes on Khalmi Rough 085r map where BLUE side as defender has large setup zone, red attacker smal one, real time elite first then scenario author test...

But always i get only UA army, never Russian and 5800 points only... Should be more or? Something is wrong? HOW to get Russian Attack army?

Yesterday on PBEM i normaly finished turn and the file send to my opponent was corrupted, it was possible to load it, but after password it goes to menu?

25 minutes ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

I set Quick battle:  Russian Army Assault vs Ukrainian Army - medium - 1 hour 15 minutes on Khalmi Rough 085r map where BLUE side as defender has large setup zone, red attacker smal one, real time elite first then scenario author test...

But always i get only UA army, never Russian and 5800 points only... Should be more or? Something is wrong? HOW to get Russian Attack army?

During the setup of the quick battle if you set the Russian army as the attacker and the Ukrainian army as the defender on the options screen then when you click OK the game next asks which you side you want to play pick the attacker and you will be playing as the Russians.

25 minutes ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

Yesterday on PBEM i normaly finished turn and the file send to my opponent was corrupted, it was possible to load it, but after password it goes to menu?

I am not sure what you mean there. If you have a corrupt file your only option is to reload the turn before and redo any orders you did and try again.  In this case the corrupt file is your opponents turn I would recommend your opponent delete the file and then delete the file from your shared location and then delete the file from your Outgoing Email folder.  Then load up the previous turn (the one in your Incoming Email folder) and reissue orders and press the Big Red Button again to produce the new next turn.

I checked out the Map and it's designed properly.  I started a QB WEGO/Scen Author View with Med size ubit (5800 is about right for you selection) with Ukranian Defeneder/Russian Attacker...Human unit selector for both.  It all worked fine.  So here's the question

Have you manually changed the unit selection to Defender-Ukranian/Attacker-Russian or did you leave it on default?

Have you added Mods of any kind to the game?

Wow, @Raptorx7 is right.  Wait that did not sound right. 

@Raptorx7 is right - wow, I did not notice that...  You have the option set for forces to be chosen by humans for both sides.  So, even in single layer as the Russians you have to pick the Ukrainian forces too.  Go ahead and keep going and you should be playing as the Russians against the Ukrainian forces you picked.  Or change the Ukrainian side to be selected automatically.

Good catch @Raptorx7

4 minutes ago, IanL said:

Wow, @Raptorx7 is right.  Wait that did not sound right. 

@Raptorx7 is right - wow, I did not notice that...  You have the option set for forces to be chosen by humans for both sides.  So, even in single layer as the Russians you have to pick the Ukrainian forces too.  Go ahead and keep going and you should be playing as the Russians against the Ukrainian forces you picked.  Or change the Ukrainian side to be selected automatically.

Good catch @Raptorx7

Occams Razor strikes again.

As per IanL's comment, in the initial screen, you have 'Unit Purchase' set to 'Human' for both the Russians and Ukrainians. So you will see an army purchase screen for both (as you have chosen to manually select both armys); in your screenshots case, you are first being shown the Ukrainian 'Defenders'. Once you have completed the Ukrainian Defenders purchase, you should next be presented with the Russian Attackers Army Purchase screen?