Best Man Portable Artillery Piece

kevinkin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap'n, would it be possible for you to confine your fighting to the game itself, rather than the forum? As a self-confessed "rubbish" player of this game I need all the advice I can get. Michael, sburke and, IanL are probably the most helpful members of the forum that I've come across. If you aren't willing to accept their answers on a given subject please put them on ignore. Your name calling and snide remarks are not really productive to people who actually need the advice that this forum has to offer.

Indeed.  Although I would adjust things slightly to say that I have no real world experience so all I can talk about his how the game works and how past discussions have gone.  BFC have a long history of making changes to the game when people present actual evidence.  So, if you want to see this stuff changed go find that evidence and present it.  Yes, it is your job because other people are fine with these things as they are.  If you are bent out of shape because I mocked you a while back for sounding like Rambo then I'll even apologize for that but your snark and insults are not really going to bother me any.  All they will mean is you will soon get added to my short list of people on my ignore list.

Oh yeah and I would add @womble to that list of helpful people instead of me :D We really need to get him an avatar.

They are your exact words, as anyone can read for themselves. So what are you trying to say now? If you meant to say something else, maybe you should try again.

Michael

Apparently i'm only ever trying to say what you put in my mouth. 

If you are bent out of shape because I mocked you a while back for sounding like Rambo then I'll even apologize for that but your snark and insults are not really going to bother me any.  All they will mean is you will soon get added to my short list of people on my ignore list.

Oh yeah and I would add @womble to that list of helpful people instead of me :D We really need to get him an avatar.

Whelp your snark and insults do bother me and in the real world that would be the sort of thing you'd have to deal with from now on. Luckily you have the internet and can just /ignore people who say things you don't like. Some adults take responsibility for their actions and live with the consequences. I understand if you don't want to though. 

By the way you owe JasonC a (late) apology too. 

Edited by CaptHawkeye

Whelp your snark and insults do bother me and in the real world that would be the sort of thing you'd have to deal with from now on.

That sounds like a threat.  I certainly hope it is not. 

Luckily you have the internet and can just /ignore people who say things you don't like.

Actually I have no problem with people who disagree with me.  None at all.  However I will honor your request and ignore you from now on. :)

Some adults take responsibility for their actions and live with the consequences. I understand if you don't want to though. 

LOL something I have noticed is that people who spend time insulting others often accuse their targets of having a thin skin or being childish.  Sad really.

Edited by IanL
Fix typo

That sounds like a threat.  I certainly hope it is not. 

:rolleyes:

Actually I have no problem with people who disagree with me.  None at all.  However I will honor your request and ignore you from now on.

That it is both rude and in poor taste to demand evidence from people you previously insulted is lost on you. You'll never learn why now sadly. I pity the fear you live in. The world you occupy is embattled and that is why you lash out at people with smug arrogance and then act as if you are the victim when they refuse to just allow you to run roughshod over their self respect.

It's pretty sad that their are people who would come to a forum only to chalk up other contributing members to a /ignore list for any reason ever. That's clearly not what it's for. 

points for the use of "whelp".  Almost as good as "get off my lawn punk" for that geezer feel.

As to the issue itself.  Capt Hawkeye - Ian was as much as it may be hard for you to understand TRYING to help you formulate this in a manner that could get BF's attention.  That you responded with insults and by making a physical threat and affirming it with your cute little emoticon, I suspect the attention you'll get isn't about a possible change for CM.

Edited by sburke

That was not the intent of the comment or its meaning. It's meaning was that when you bully people it turns out they don't like you very much. How you and him concluded that it was a physical threat is wrong and i'm sorry if you got that impression. 

Bullying? You are entirely over-reacting to all of this. Step back, and take a deep breath. :) 

Edited by LukeFF

That was not the intent of the comment or its meaning. It's meaning was that when you bully people it turns out they don't like you very much. How you and him concluded that it was a physical threat is wrong and i'm sorry if you got that impression. 

Fair enough, but for future reference I'd suggest that when someone says -"That sounds like a threat.  I certainly hope it is not." Instead of replying with :rolleyes: you instead simply try "no it isn't".  It is a heckuva a lot clearer and less misleading.  We can all get emotional and frustrated in these discussions, sarcastic even.  You don't however want to leave yourself open to a claim of a threat as it could get you kicked off the forum or at a minimum a ding on your status.  We are talking a game after all... oh wait what am I saying, this is not just any game!  :P