A Review.

John Doe

indeed. I totally agree. Forgive me I thought you were advocating for risk free pushing.

Oh, by no means. Balancing risk and reward is what makes good gameplay, as I see it.

I would also like to see tanks able to go through tall walls and low bocage, but with a bigger risk of getting immobilised than when going through low walls and fences. Again, risk and reward.

I think I have almost never had a tank or any vehicle bog, let alone become immobilized. I think that's because whenever I have to cross any kind of dangerous or questionable terrain I do it using Slow movement. Seems to give the driver time to pick his way through.

Michael

I like to think so too, but I'm pretty sure somebody did a test of this and found that movement speed makes no difference to bogging risk. Was it @IanL maybe?

I think I have almost never had a tank or any vehicle bog, let alone become immobilized. I think that's because whenever I have to cross any kind of dangerous or questionable terrain I do it using Slow movement. Seems to give the driver time to pick his way through.

Michael

Below is an interesting link to a discussion about bogging / immobilization.   A few of the things I thought was interesting was @womble pointed out that vehicles will slow on their own when crossing obstacles they can crush, (fences etc.) demoed bocage and light forest tiles.  So just give them Fast.  @Vanir Ausf B advised that speed makes no or little difference.  I did find in the 3.01 game engine manual (page 44) To some degree better quality crews lessen the chance of bogging. 

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120465-trucks-kubelwagenjeeps-too-robust-cross-country/#comment-1627189

The game has three separate camera modes that you can choose from. I am not 100 percent sure if that is available in the demo but I think it is. Perhaps one of those would be more to your liking.

I totally disagree that the camera should always be pointing down. The beauty in this game is in watching the action as it unfolds from the perspective of the troops on the ground. I guess I do not view this as an rst. This game is not about strategy it is about tactics ;)

+100  I totally agree.  This game is amazing at ground level looking out toward the enemy as your vehicles are moving, firing etc.  Not to mention you can zoom in and actually see mortar shells, panzer Faust, or whatever else.  I think the OP is very new to the series and may just have to spend more time acclimating himself.