Quotes...to kill time.

"When one departs for the front, his underwear should be made from the skin of a badger. This way he will not have lice. In a long campaign, lice can be troublesome."

Samurai, 1700's

Here is mine:

"Vorwärts, Ihr Affen! Wollt ihr ewig leben?"

(literally: "Move out, you apes! You want to live forever")

Unknown german NCO, 1918

taken from my most famous sf book, Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein (forget the movie, read the book ;)

Fred

My Favorite SPR Quote:

"Yo don't touch me wit those little ****in' rat claws."

Los

BTW Fred re: SST you must check out the new CGI animated series Ropughnecks the Starship troopers chronicals. A good mix of movie (Different bug classes a skinnies too!) and the book (POWER ARMOR! need I say more?) ABsolutley incredible graphics, excellent writing and storylines and acting. And the guys that developed eth series have a wargamers attention to detail.

In my market (CT) it's on at 0800 on WB (M-F). Others have seen it on SCi Fi in the mornings.

It's a well kept secret...

Cheers...

Los

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>(literally: "Move out, you apes! You want to live forever")

Unknown german NCO, 1918

taken from my most famous sf book, Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein (forget the movie,

read the book ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh Fred,that is my favorite also,and one of my favorite books while growing up.Another one I like is:

'It's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees'

From Catch 22. wink.gif

Mike

Any Blackadder fans here?

Lt George (look forward to flying): Crikey! I'm looking forward to today. Up-diddly-up, down-diddly-down, whoops-poop, twiddly-dee, a decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron, a bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines, capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals!

Pvt Baldrick's poem:

Hear the words I sing,

War's a horrid thing.

So I sing-sing-sing,

Ding-a-ling-a-ling.

"The army doesn't give free bus rides"

- unknown Finn

The moral: if they give you a ride in a truck that is only because they need you quickly in some unpleasant place (like to participate in a counterattack against Red Army armored spearhead). Held for just about every army with the possible exception of the U.S.

-Tommi

I don't even want to think about how many times I heard pain is fear leaving the body smile.gif...by the way anybody know what the hell a " HUCKLEBUTT" is my soman drill either called you that or F*&^er he usaly used hucklebutt if the brass where around. Oh and starship trooprs is my favorate miltary sci-fi novel of all time..did not know about the show to bad I don't get cable. frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Dan (edited 09-14-99).]