CMRT Campaign: The Last Panzer (Work in Progress

Only one has given me any feedback and I have worked in his suggestions. Not sure why the others have not responded to my PM's.  Its a pretty big campaign and maybe they just haven't had a chance to get far into  it but some response would have been nice. Maybe it is just that bad that they dont want to say anything lol.

I will give it another day or so to see if any feedback comes in and if not I will decide to either can the project or release it.

Thanks for the interest.

Mike

Well, I hope you press on...it looks really awesome, and with the Winter Mods...wowza, that's a lot of CMRT material.

Howdy, have you received any feedback from your testers? 

Still looking forward to this...if you want the basic beer and pretzels test and review, would be happy to provide.

:D

Thanks gruntGI lol. I have had very little feed back and what I have had has been just some minor tweaks which I am implementing. Once I finish that I am going to just put up the dropbox link and let anyone who wants to give it a go a shot. I really wanted it to be polished before I released it but hopefully there will not be to many issues when its played out. Alot of work went into this one as it was not easy to try and balance things out based simply on the time period and the events that were unfolding at that time. The Germans were basically on the ropes so it took some doing to try and vary the missions and objectives. I do feel that it does showcase the Winter Mod teams work fairly well as their efforts really added to the immersion factor so I hope all will find it enjoyable.

It will not be a easy campaign and I am sure I will be cussed frequently :ph34r:.

Link should be up this weekend.

Mike

Ok I have gone through and made the following adjustments to The Last Panzer based on some feedback and my own testing.

1. Added artillery assets for the Germans in some scenarios that did not have any. Not all will have these assests.

2. Added some additional panzerschreks to the first mission.

3. Changed victory opportunities in every mission. Both the player and the AI have more opportunities for points.

4. Fixed a modtag bug where snowy roofs were showing up on some buildings in the Berlin maps.

5. Made a few corrections to the briefings (spelling issues).

6. Added some additional forces in some missions for better balance.

Once again be sure to read the designer notes at the beginning of the campaign for some background information as well as campaign specifics. Also read the briefings for

information on each mission.

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts or if any bugs are discovered. As mentioned above the campaign will not be easy but it hopefully will be rewarding if you can complete it. Keep your men alive and bring the Russians to a standstill....:D.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/02ju1ce0itcv4lh/The Last Panzer.zip?dl=0

Best of luck and enjoy

Mike

Mike

Ok, downloaded and installed.  I kinda cheated a little and used the CMx2_ScAn_CaDe_v1 utility to unpack all the scenarios.  I was curious how you integrated the Winter Mods, Umlauts Mods and all the other mods.  I also know how detailed and awesome your maps are so I wanted to peek at Berlin :D

All I can say is WOW, this was truly a labor of love.  The maps are really magnificent and use the mods to full affect.  And reading through the overall campaign briefing truly amazed me at how much work you put in to get this as accurate as possible, and still playable.

SO, off I go to the first campaign mission...will see if I can survive all the way to Berlin.  

Thanks very much for all this...it will no doubt occupy a lot of time this week for me.

Cheers

Edited by grunt_GI

Thanks for the promo BarbaricCo.  Looks great.  

Mike

Ok, downloaded and installed.  I kinda cheated a little and used the CMx2_ScAn_CaDe_v1 utility to unpack all the scenarios.  I was curious how you integrated the Winter Mods, Umlauts Mods and all the other mods.  I also know how detailed and awesome your maps are so I wanted to peek at Berlin :D

All I can say is WOW, this was truly a labor of love.  The maps are really magnificent and use the mods to full affect.  And reading through the overall campaign briefing truly amazed me at how much work you put in to get this as accurate as possible, and still playable.

SO, off I go to the first campaign mission...will see if I can survive all the way to Berlin.  

Thanks very much for all this...it will no doubt occupy a lot of time this week for me.

Cheers

Hope it proves enjoyable.  There was so much more to the Berlin maps I wanted to do but was afraid it would bog the cpu to a crawl on slower systems.  Thanks for giving it a go. 

Few technical things I noticed. You seem to used Winter Mod beta stuff that get changed here and there so before release please update Mod with final releases from CMMODs: For example

Complete Snowy Roofs: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2948

Paved Rods: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2936

Bunkers and more: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2933

Complete and enhanced snowy terrain: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2903&

On the enjoyment side of the things at first map I would like more manoeuvre room left and right for Panzers but that's probably CM map limitation. I'm really thinking of restarting this campaign in real time to see how it goes as a true RTS. That is my shortcoming in micromanaging so much Panzers :).

And would like to see Berlin with snowy roofs, but damn those historical accuracy :D.

Impressive job!

Edited by BarbaricCo

Few technical things I noticed. You seem to used Winter Mod beta stuff that get changed here and there so before release please update Mod with final releases from CMMODs: For example

Complete Snowy Roofs: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2948

Paved Rods: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2936

Bunkers and more: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2933

Complete and enhanced snowy terrain: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2903&

On the enjoyment side of the things at first map I would like more manoeuvre room left and right for Panzers but that's probably CM map limitation. I'm really thinking of restarting this campaign in real time to see how it goes as a true RTS. That is my shortcoming in micromanaging so much Panzers :).

And would like to see Berlin with snowy roofs, but damn those historical accuracy :D.

Impressive job!

Thanks.  I thought I had all the latest winter files. I will make a note to tag the mini grounds. Sorry no snow for Berlin. 

Here is the new download link to the CMRT Campaign The Last Panzer. I have gone through and upgraded most of the mods. It now uses the most up to date release of the Winter Modifications and includes most every mod that the team has designed which should now eliminate some of the graphic anomolies that were popping up due to mod conflicts. This campaign uses most of their fine work but still allows for the changing weather conditions as the campaign advances.

I also went through and added additional snow effects to nearly all the vehicles involved in the missions that have snow for a more complete feel. I just wasnt satisfied with them appearing half done. Of course some of the Winter Modification vehicles are included along with the ones I have modded.

Cleaned up a few boo boos in some of the missions like me forgetting to delete some flavor objects that were put down as a test in one mission.:blink: Also repositioned a few things that were annoying to me like a destroyed Russian vehicle that was positioned half way in a house. Not sure how I did that.

I have had very little feedback on this thing so I did not make any game play adjustments. I will consider this a final release unless someone brings something major to my attention. Download the entire package to get the corrected mod folder and new .cam file.

Here is the link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/02ju1ce0itcv4lh/The Last Panzer.zip?dl=0

Mike

Edited by dragonwynn

Hi!

I just finished the first battle and I'm mighty impressed. Very atmospheric with the winter mods and I love the late war desperate setting. Beautiful map. Those Russian tankers really stormed forward and lost some 68 tanks and hundreds of infantry but It also cost a lot (20 tanks). But I managed a total victory by holding all the objectives.

Screen_Shot_2016-02-19_at_4.50.32_PM.thu

HOLY COW...67 tanks..that is amazing...I don't think I've ever played a scenario with almost 100 tanks...dang.

In any event very fun...the Russians just....keep....coming...I stopped their armor cold, but simply didn't have enough infantry or machine gun ammo to stop the Red hordes...held them off for the time period, but dang that was ugly.

One question...who in the German side could call down artillery from the 210mm gun?  I couldn't find any HQ unit to call down that baby...woulda been nice on those infantry.