Open letter of thanks.

I just wanted to publicly thank JoMc67 for taking the initiative to PM and offer to play PBEM with me. I am brand new to the Combat Mission series and had been stumbling my way through battles against the AI. After posting some questions to the forum, Joe contacted me to ask if I would like to play a PBEM game where he could help me learn the ropes. As a new player I found the prospect of playing against a human opponent to be intimitading. I play lots of other games online, but given the complexity of  this one, and even the unfamiliarity of PBEM, it's possible that I never would have taken the leap without someone from the community reaching out to offer a game. The game was great fun (I was trounced) and I learned a lot. We are now beginning our second engagement. I'm already having more fun than playing against the AI, and can see that my longevity with this product has increased by an infinite amount.

I think it's important to recognize people who do this, and from reading these forums I can see there are many people who are working hard to create a welcoming community. It's things like this that make a gaming experience memorable and special. This is especially important for a fringe hobby/game like this one, where the community is never going to be as big as a more accessible, mainstream game. By being patient and friendly with noobs like me, it ensures the community continues to grow and flourish, and that awesome games like this continue to be made.

So thanks again JoMc67, and everyone in this community who reaches out to new players.

- James

Edited by Stamos22

I just wanted to publicly thank JoMc67 for taking the initiative to PM and offer to play PBEM with me. I am brand new to the Combat Mission series and had been stumbling my way through battles against the AI. After posting some questions to the forum, Joe contacted me to ask if I would like to play a PBEM game where he could help me learn the ropes. As a new player I found the prospect of playing against a human opponent to be intimitading. I play lots of other games online, but given the complexity of  this one, and even the unfamiliarity of PBEM, it's possible that I never would have taken the leap without someone from the community reaching out to offer a game. The game was great fun (I was trounced) and I learned a lot. We are now beginning our second engagement. I'm already having more fun than playing against the AI, and can see that my longevity with this product has increased by an infinite amount.

I think it's important to recognize people who do this, and from reading these forums I can see there are many people who are working hard to create a welcoming community. It's things like this that make a gaming experience memorable and special. This is especially important for a fringe hobby/game like this one, where the community is never going to be as big as a more accessible, mainstream game. By being patient and friendly with noobs like me, it ensures the community continues to grow and flourish, and that awesome games like this continue to be made.

So thanks again JoMc67, and everyone in this community who reaches out to new players.

- James

Kudos to JoMc67 for taking the initiative and going above and beyond to help you.

Kudos to you for recognizing him publicly.

I would also like to lend my thanks to JoMc67 for giving me my first ever PBEM game in the CM world. He is a class-act and willing to let you learn from your mistakes.

Thanks to everyone in this community for all the information and knowledge I have gained while being a longtime lurker, and for opening me up to a whole new facet of CM play

Bob AKA Abbasid111

No Problem as I'm here to help in anyway possible...Now, even I don't know enough about the game mechanics ( still learning a thing or three from posters ), but enough to give a heads-up to newcomers. 

Ok, I know Stamos22 as we are still playing Platoon size engagements for now before moving up to Company size, However, I can't remember Abbasid ( thou, your name looks familiar )...What were we playing ( probably a Platoon size game ), and did we finish ?

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

Hah! What you didn't know was WHY he makes these pbem offers to newbs: he posts his wins over them in his "Official Battlefront Win Loss Record". (You newbs won't have access to yours until your men have killed 10,000 enemy.) ;)

A doff o'the cap to JoMc67.

Ken

Hah! What you didn't know was WHY he makes these pbem offers to newbs: he posts his wins over them in his "Official Battlefront Win Loss Record". (You newbs won't have access to yours until your men have killed 10,000 enemy.) ;)

Ken

I bet you have contributed a lot of kills to you opponents. :) 

Ken

Ahh, didn't know Battlefront has a Win Loss Record'...Interesting. I guess a player like C3PO can use it to track how many games it will take to finally start winning. I personally only play against the AI or Opponents to determine how well the Game Mechanics work in CM compared to RL