German attack doctrine in CM

JasonC

Sublime -- I wouldn't take it personally.  If you ever read ww2 forums, you will see posters constantly attacking each other, especially over sources they use.  ANY slip up will be pounced on, so you have to be very careful when getting into a debate.  If someone can punch a hole in one of your arguments, then it calls into question your entire argument, and that is a common tactic.

• 1 month later...

Some very interesting stuff but just as an aside to alternative histories I would recommend "disaster at stalingrad" by Peter Tsouras.  Very well researched and detailed with very plausible outcome.  It mostly hinges on the destruction of arctic convoy PQ-17 and the closing of the Persian corridor with turkeys entry into the war on the axis side.  Plus the survival and deaths of a few key figures.  Well worth a read but also shows just how much the Soviets relied on material aid from America, Canada and Britain through out 41-42.  Well worth a read.

• 2 weeks later...

Off topic much? WTF has a historical discussion on certain events in WW2 got to do with the OP's query? Absolutely nothing you selfish pricks.

A gentle reminder that your attitude doesn't conform with the standards of this Forum, which is explained in the rules which you agreed to when you signed up.  It boils down to if you have nothing positive to contribute, do not post.   While this Forum is not a democracy, you do have the choice about retaining the ability to post here based on your behavior.  Abusive posts are, basically, a way of telling us you don't want to be here.  Please consider that when you post in the future.

Steve

LukeFF - Having started the thread, and written extensively early in its course, when I see new post listed I check in to see if anyone is still talking about its actual, initial subject matter.  Someone might have an actual question about something I said, for example.  Common courtesy.

When nobody has in several pages, my humorous verdict is "this parrot has ceased to be".

Edited by JasonC