ALLIED HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

Only a few axis vehicles were able to escape the snare. Over a dozen burnt out wrecks are left behind.

Friendly fire destroyed 6 of our trucks and a heavy gun!

2 new Soviet units entered onto the map. A cavalry unit and a unit of T-60's. They pressed deep up the right edge of the map!

More info and a fresh map and fresh OOB tomorrow.

For Stalin! For Mother Russia!

Edited by kohlenklau

Snols,

Your men are jubilant after the destruction of the German recon unit. They have gathered to see what souvenirs they can get from the enemy dead...

The platoon officers are only now forming the men up for further movement ahead. But it is difficult in this rough terrain. The guns are slowly limbered up and hitched to the trucks.

When you get word that an enemy attack is coming your direction it is almost the most terrible of timing. This was relayed by the Soviet pilots above....

You had already ordered a recon team forward towards your objective Nyrigehaza on the backs of the SU's. But must now call them back to help in the defense!

This battle is more like a meeting engagement....as you turn to face the enemy....

@Snols

OK, the file 002 is in the dropbox for you to do a set-up. Good luck soldier!

Same password as before. PM me if you forgot...

Reinforcements Schedule (As your point units return to the area to engage the enemy....)

R1: Sturmovik, T=20-40

R2: Sturmovik, T=30-50

R3: SU's with troops on their backs. T=5

R4: SU's with troops on their backs. T=10

R5: SU's with troops on their backs. T=15

R6: SU's with troops on their backs. T=20

R7: SU's with troops on their backs. T=25

You have 2 exit zones to get rid of trucks and save them from being destroyed.

Some burning vehicles on map at start represent carnage from the previous battle in this area.

EDIT: AAR is not mandatory but we sure would love to see some simple screenshots and brief description of your plan of attack or whatever.

Edited by kohlenklau

SITREP T2B AXIS ASSAULT

A few minutes ago we saw enemy forces advancing along road leading to Migoyo. Scouts reporting heavy armor and infantry approaching our positions. We form defensive lines but without armored support we will be crushed. I hope that the promised support will not come too late. Meanwhile i try to delay enemy advance with existing forces. 

Over and out

Cmdr Snols

Plan1.jpg

Sniper.jpg

wrog.jpg

SITREP T2B Axis Assault

9:27 (-0:28)

Counter-attack on the left flank was unsuccessful. SU-76 has been destroyed when tried to sneak to King Tiger and win the chance to shot him from behind or flank. Before SU was spotted and destroyed he managed to fire twice, but direct hits into KT's turret did not cause any damage. Enemy tank fired only once and SU exploded. At the same time the SU-85 tried to approach from the front, but enemy commander apparently foresaw my intentions and directed Panther tank near my destroyer. SU-85 could not decide if he prefers to fight with KT or with Panther and as a result did not shoot anyone. Enemy vehicles do not have such dilemmas and after a while the SU-85 was burning. Infantry accompanying destroyers was minted by mgs and cannons fire and not have any chance to throw grenades and satchels onto enemy vehicles...

syt1.jpg

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-11-21%2009-23-

After that enemy tried to exploit that temporary success and rushed one of his Panthers into front of my defensive lines. She was stopped by my SU-76 fire. Again shells from SU ricocheted from the enemy armor.  Panther's single shot was enough. Moments later, Panther received a hit from SU-85 and that ended her raid. 

syt2.jpg

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-11-21%2009-22-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-11-21%2011-27-

Edited by Snols
adding screens

So far I counted 2 KT and 4-5 Panthers, After last sitrep enemy lost another Panther (magic shot from SU-85) and flyboys hit something on the rear (mobile AA maybe?, I've heard AA fire) so I think that there is 4-5 tanks left. 

I lost next SU-85 and 76 trying to hit KT in the center. These beasts are invincible! 

SITREP T2B Axis Assault

9:42 (-0:13)

Attack on the right flank failed. A few rounds bounced off from KT's armor and after a while both of my SU-85 was burning. KT with the support of the Panther recorded another victory. I withdraw infantry under fire to defensive positions.

Till now, our air force carried out only one raid :(

Slowly'm running out of resources, I'll buy time for the price of infantry life.

So far i lost

4 x SU-85

3 x SU-76

2 Inf Platoons

Enemy lost 2 Panthers, few tank commanders, one truck and around inf plt

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-11-25%2017-36-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-11-25%2017-38-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-11-25%2017-38-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-11-25%2017-39-

Edited by Snols

If we outnumber them we may have a chance to destroy remaining forces. I think that there are two Panthers and two King Tigers left. If only I had some 122mm gun on tracks... Terrain is on our side - short distance reduces enemy gun advantage. Enemy infantry suffered some casualities and there is no more than 2 plt. I saw one 75mm ATG. If we can replace our armor losses I am in favor of continuing the attack.