ALLIED HQ/AAR CMPzC Operation Nyakleves

OK Snols, you will defend against the axis "PANZER BATTLE". Gulp!  :unsure:

Concord is still tweaking his "mapsterpiece" so it will be a few days. We are still digging up an axis opponent.

Standby.

Marco2marzo will defend against mjkerner in the RECON BATTLE.

Pallebahtep, standby. I will see if I can cook up something for you....maybe a little probe over their by the left map edge.

AAR is not mandatory but please during the battle make some short reports and use the clock time in the upper right in the compass

such as this example

RECON BATTLE  0715

All is well. Others things of note....

But if you do want to make a nice AAR with screenshots...

How about this new carrot and stick idea?

Where as I have indeed made AAR as non-mandatory, I am thinking how to show preference to PBEM foot soldiers who do post screenshots

with an interesting narrative. This could be head of the line treatment for future battles or perhaps a special addition or interesting wrinkle in their next battle.

If I did not explain this before....

UNIT LEADERS continued...

I am introducing a concept often used in boardgames.."leader units" that can raise the local morale to some degree and for a certain scope, platoon, company, entire battalion.

They are most likely a small HQ group of suitable rank on map you can control and the effect is done by me in the editor to make any plus ups.

A high ranking officer might have his own tank and if you slide him into the battle, the other tanks go +1 for motivation and any other HQ tanks go up +1 for leadership.

As SOP, each side starts off with 3 to have as silver bullets and if they get killed then the unit can have a net drop in morale depending on details, umpire's call.

I thought a mix of an enlisted rank hero soldier that would impact troops but not HQ's.

Then a junior officer and finally a bit more senior officer.

A mix of armor and infantry. Tank officer would not effect infantry and vice versa unless at the very highest level.

The hero sergeant might only have a radius of a few platoons.  Get it?

A famous corporal might just arrive to bolster a gun crew and a few squads.

Maybe a 4th "leader unit" would arrive randomly later on for variety.

they are silver bullets and will just be able to used once so it is not a blanket thing for the entire operation.

maybe a corporal or sergeant could be used twice but he can only affect a certain "radius" around him...

Concord had to depart so I am double-hatted as umpire and Soviet CO.

For the Panzer Battle in this open hex, these are your orders!

The battle is 30-45 minutes in duration. When the timer turns red, stop play! We may continue at umpire's discretion.

The Penal Company is expendable and use them to delay the enemy advance as long as possible.

Starshina Sakonov has remained to raise their morale but he must exit safely no earlier than 0725!

Use your tanks to inflict maximum destruction upon the enemy forces but attempt to reverse off the map no earlier than 0725.

Use your artillery within the current rules to also cause destruction to the axis infantry.

Good luck!

SITREP T1B PANZER BATTLE 7:01

After an unsuccessful assault on the forest, our depleted battle group has prepared an ambush on the road to Migoyo. Using lie of the land we taken a hull down positions for our T-34/76 tanks and prepared fire zones waiting for German tanks. We did not have to wait too long.
At 7 am on the horizon appeared at least five enemy Pz IV, we also notice enemy trucks loaded with infantry.
Sergant Oskin was the first who opened fire on enemy PzIV. First shot was to long, but second one hit and enemy machine starts burning. Now its time to take revenge for the fallen in the previous battle comerades! Few seconds later other T34's joined the fight. Enemy was totally surprised! His forces rubbed across entire width of the front and soon two PzIV apeered on the flank of Sgt Oskin tank. Lt Snegirev saw this move and managed to destroy one of this tanks, but second one fired on the move and knocked out Oskin's T34. One second later 76mm shell penetrated front armor of the triumphant enemy tank taking him out of action.
For now, we have 1:3 kill ratio and battle continues...

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202015-09-11%2017-45-

903e94b1-8d70-4d71-9425-0ea3f14e31bb.jpg
Edited by Snols

SITREP T1B PANZER BATTLE 7:30

On the road near Migoyo

My orders was simple - "Delay enemy advance, inflict maximum casualities to enemy force, if possible hold the line or retreat."

Start.jpg

I deployed six of my remaining tanks along the N-S road and infantry took up a position in two small groves. Due to the small forces I focused on the western side of operations area. The battle began successfully for us - in the first few minutes we eliminate 3 enemy tanks, losing one machine. Soon, however, an enemy motorized infantry  began to tour our positions using undefended eastern flank. To counteract that I send one T34/76 to the SW farm buildings and move my tank to cover avenue of approach. At the same time enemy infantry began to approach to the northern grove and one of three my tanks remaining at the NW buildings was destroyed. Enemy tanks stopped being obscured by buildings.  On the eastern flank a lone T34 destroyed three Kubelwagen and opens fire on their passangers. Then things went bad... In order to help infantry advancing on the on the east side enemy moves one PzIV at high speed. My crew was firing at a enemy halftrack and ignored fast moving target. Meanwhile tank commander of the lone SE T34 was killed by enemy soldier. The crew panicked for a moment and move back their tank - straight under the barrel of the arrived PzIV. Three direct hits have eliminated the tank and the rest of the crew. Simultaneously, my attempt to break the deadlock in the northern buildings failed - with the loss of another T34. Now  I have only two operating tanks. I misjudged the enemy forces - we were attacked by PzIV company supported by company of Panzergrenadiers. I ordered retreat, but it was too late. Over the next few minutes, my machine was repeatedly hit and eliminated from the fight. Tank fortunately didn't exploded or burn and we were able to evacuate from the destroyed vehicle. Ivan Stepanovich - my loader was fatally injured and stayed in the wreck, we left him with few R-1 grenades, I hope that he took with him as much as possible fascists... While retreating towards Migoyo I saw as our last T34 is destroyed in an unequal skirmish. From the whole battle group escaped only me, Starshina Sakon's team and three members of my crew. We destroy four enemy PzIV and one halftrack with 75mm gun.

CM20Red20Thunder202015-09-192010-49-40-2

We attack!

T2A_zpsioizhzlu.png

We lost an SU as we got near the hex with the axis recon units.

But that is 11 SU's and several hundred ground troops with artillery support and maybe some air support.

I am hesitant to send in the air boys for fear of friendly fire but will leave it up to the assault commander....

Who will command? PM me and the battle could be yours...!  :D

The battle is prepared and Marco has it for his assault set-up.

He has 426 troops, 11 assault guns, air support (2 Sturmoviks!), 4x122mm howitzers, 4x120mm heavy mortars, 6x82mm mortars and some infantry guns.

...and a partridge in a pear tree.

BUT he only has 15-20 minutes to try and nail those recon rascals! His orders are to try and cut behind their escape route to the west and north-west.

AND he cannot just lose all his men doing this. We need those battalions for the push towards Nyrigehazy. <I think I spell that town's name different each time I write it!>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...