Interested in a Real time,Slow battles?

got tired of pbem and wego, yes it has its positive sides that we all know but today i realised its not the only way to play the game

positive sides of Real time: u can cancel orders (pretty simple fact and everyone who knows this game , knows how good is this and* realistic in most cases)

Pause available : 1) where you cant issue orders 2) where you can

'adrenaline' , idk about you but my heart beats faster when my panter's turret is rotating and aiming at sherman, and while i am waiting to see will he shoot first ,and then what will happen if he gets hit  and all that stuff

or when you have 1 platoon waiting to cross the street but you see enemy movement and duuno what to do in the moment and u send whole squad to death. those stories are different from the ones in wego/pbem because you are not completely relaxed while living them , you have to decide fast sometimes and it just feels more alive

what i am thinking about is a tiny or prefferably small, maybe Medium battle that would be set to end in 1 or 2 hours (Custom battles/quick battles)

iam not sure about pause rules yet, if there are pauses timer will be set to 1h for small battle or something like that,  if there are no* pauses or its very limited for emergency cases, then 2 hours battle to give us room for thinking since CM is not very optimised/smooth game

Wego that is set to 45-1h actually lasts (not pbem) 2 hours or more sometimes , so its same thing in theory

if anyone is interested send me a message on this forum and we ll play when we both can

dont worry about losing or winning

Edited by Lacroix

I personally love WeGo, even though I play solo. I enjoy the challenge to have to plan ahead, and I tell myself this is also more realistic, giving orders and waiting for them to be carried out, rather than to hand-hold every unit all the time.

Not saying you shouldn't play realtime though. To each, his own.

Edited by Bulletpoint

I personally love WeGo, even though I play solo. I enjoy the challenge to have to plan ahead, and I tell myself this is also more realistic, giving orders and waiting for them to be carried out, rather than to hand-hold every unit all the time.

Not saying you shouldn't play realtime though. To each, his own.

i am aware of unrealistic part of 'issuing orders and canceling in real time' but in small battles i think it beats wego in realism (tiny/small)

Off to work, but if I have some time on Sunday and you're around on the forum I'll play a game with you if timing works if you want to try a game. I suggest a tiny-small QB meeting engagement with inf only on a small map with computer picking force. This will get a game going quicker, will be easier to control, and should be more balanced.

As far as adrenaline. You hit it on the head as to a key appeal of Real Time play. In WEGO I find the cliff hanger element is a big part of the appeal. Playing both ways is fun, but they are different experiences.

Off to work, but if I have some time on Sunday and you're around on the forum I'll play a game with you if timing works if you want to try a game. I suggest a tiny-small QB meeting engagement with inf only on a small map with computer picking force. This will get a game going quicker, will be easier to control, and should be more balanced.

As far as adrenaline. You hit it on the head as to a key appeal of Real Time play. In WEGO I find the cliff hanger element is a big part of the appeal. Playing both ways is fun, but they are different experiences.

sure i should be free in the morning from 10am , untill 5pm (cet ,central european time) every day, thats how it is in the last few days, but i probably can sometimes be free in the evening aswell

I just realized this is CMBN forum. I haven't played it in a few years so I doubt I am up to date with patches. I should be up to date with the other titles. At least CMRT, and I know CMBS since I have been playing only that since it came out. Come to think of it I don't think i have played any ww2 in a long while so I hope I can adjust being used to modern more these days. Perhaps we can play another title than CMBN?  Anyway we will try for sometime Sundays which probably best for me at the moment to have some spare time.

I just realized this is CMBN forum. I haven't played it in a few years so I doubt I am up to date with patches. I should be up to date with the other titles. At least CMRT, and I know CMBS since I have been playing only that since it came out. Come to think of it I don't think i have played any ww2 in a long while so I hope I can adjust being used to modern more these days. Perhaps we can play another title than CMBN?  Anyway we will try for sometime Sundays which probably best for me at the moment to have some spare time.

i have cmrt cmbn and cmbs. i can play any, u choose

Lets go with CMRT. WW2 is slower paced than modern, and CMBS gives way too many units even for tiny battle. Russia always gets around a battalion which is more than desired to control in a real time battle.

Check your PM as there is no real time chat, which would be ideal for real time game matching.

Hi Lacroix,

It is Sunday afternoon around 1pm est and have some time to play if you like. I would have liked to get on earlier to play, but wasn't possible.
Lets go with CMRT. I will set it up to get it moving quicker.

Battle: Meeting Engagement
Map: Random, medium ( Not too big or small)
Force: Tiny, inf only, computer picks force. Hopefully it will not pick something crazy like a company of flamethrowers :), but I say we just roll the dice and go with whatever just to play. One of us may end up with advantage for force, but chance of balance too.
Battle Length: 30min

Rules
NO artillery orders in setup phase. Can order as soon as game starts.
Lets try for one formal Pause each of about 5-10min, but if we need to pause to go to bathroom or something no big deal. its just a game.

Plan on a 15-30set up time to give initial orders, check map ectt..
To communicate via message during the game use the ` key. Lets try it as soon as we are in the game in set up phase.

PM when ready to play and I will send IP. Any preference German or Soviets? I am more familiar with German so prefer them.

No bobo. There really isn't good support in place for HvH real time. Without having any real time chat lobby, and the different time zones it an be challenging to link up for real time games. Back in my Sudden Strike days we had a chat lobby, and would post the IP to join if a game was up, which worked pretty good. I guess all we can do in the meantime is to create a thread when you want to play, and hope someone who wants to play that time too responds, or send PM and hope they see the message when you want to play. We'll get game sooner or later I am sure. If your interested in giving it a try we'll put you on the list of possible real time opponents.

Edited by Vinnart

No bobo. There really isn't good support in place for HvH real time. Without having any real time chat lobby, and the different time zones it an be challenging to link up for real time games. Back in my Sudden Strike days we had a chat lobby, and would post the IP to join if a game was up, which worked pretty good. I guess all we can do in the meantime is to create a thread when you want to play, and hope someone who wants to play that time too responds, or send PM and hope they see the message when you want to play. We'll get game sooner or later I am sure. If your interested in giving it a try we'll put you on the list of possible real time opponents.

only thing that we have is chat while battle is going on , by pressing ` buttong bellow escape. 

a decent lobby with clear and usefull interface and player names would be super awesome,one that  can be turned on without turning on actual game. something steam-like but on a much smaller scale