Is there no armor penetration info?

If you don't know the basic chances of penetration, then it was a help in CMx1. But with the higher fidelity armor/penetration model in CMx2, that info could've caused a lot of unnecessary whinging. (Sometimes a penetration COULD happen but the table wouldn't show it. Or vice versa.)

It'd be nice to have a pdf of that stuff...

Anyone do that?

Good thing I only got the demo then, because it was a pretty important feature for me.

Guess I'll pass until a new Combat Mission series with said info comes up then.

You could be waiting a long time :(

Simpler to enjoy the game and slowly get to know the gist of it. Or run CMx1 for the piece of info you're looking for.

There are other ways without denying yourself a good Combat Mission fix, but each to their own.

Yep a long time indeed.

I think about it this way. Those crews did not know the detail armour information about their enemy.  Heck half the time they miss identified the enemy vehicles.  They just had the gun and the ammo that they had on hand and did the best they could.  We already know way more from our player, as all knowing all seeing deity over the battle field, than any tankers or soldiers did during the war.  I for one am totally fine with not having that information to add to my player as deity advantage.

Good thing I only got the demo then, because it was a pretty important feature for me.

Or you download the mod I posted about...

Not to be a jerk or anything, but if that info is so critical as to be a deal breaker for you, this is likely not the game for you anyway. I would hope to be wrong about that, but it takes some willingness on your part to immerse yourself in the game and not get wrapped up in gaming it if you understand my meaning. Kind of more toward what Ian was saying more eloquently.

Part of the nature of CMx2 is that the info you are looking for is only generally useful anyway. The modeling of the game is such that you can make some assumptions about likelihood of success in any given situation however the variables involved are such that you can't really rely on that info. After that it becomes more an issue about tactically moving to increase your chances of hitting your enemy in a vulnerable location hopefully before they can react.

Personally I would presume that anyone who had played the original CMx1 games for any length of time would essentially know what can generally penetrate what during any particular engagement.  I'm sure that a feature that displayed penetration percentage might be useful for someone who never touched a WW2 game of any type or didn't know a Sherman from a King Tiger.  However, if someone has already played CMx1 it seems like someone would gain a working knowledge of what works in tank to tank combat through the experience of playing the original game.  I'm not even sure that what I think the original poster wants could be reproduced in CMx2.  I think the way the game calculates penetration might be different and I'm not sure you could have a feature where you extended the Target line to an enemy tank in order to see '53% chance of penetration' hovering over the enemy vehicle.  Perhaps this feature might be included some day for the benefit of new players, maybe not. 

As ASL Veteran says, the detail of the modelling of armour and projectile-armour interactions in CMx2 precludes any hard percentage chance of penetration being displayed. You could perhaps have a percentage chance shown for "if the projectile hits the plate between the shooting muzzle and the target's centre of visual mass", but at anything above short range, there will always be some deviation and an entirely different plate will be hit, which may or may not have vastly different chances of being penetrated. The simple "chance of penetration" table simply does not exist and can't be meaningfully calculated on the fly.

Fizou gave you a good link to Marco's mod. That mod gives you everything you asked for. You're going to miss out on a great game. Shrug.

(Download and unzip the mod, then insert the new file into the "data" folder in a folder you create called "z".  "data/z/ (mod file)" The game goes to the data folder and loads the data alphabetically. The last thing loaded is from the "z" folder. That will overwrite the game default files with any mod files.)