Axis Battle Report - The Gamey SOB Challenge

Personally, I think I would lean towards more M10's and less Sherman's, plus make the Sherman  a 105.

Because Bil's forces appear they would have won a infantry only conflict. So Maybe the M10's could handle the kitty's, So 3 of them and save one Sherman for letting the infantry have some real fun .

I agree, the AT guns were ineffective. - but it was a bold move and I think he was hoping to get them in the objective area early. So  a move that could have been a game changer if he had managed it.

CM%20Fortress%20Italy%202015-07-11%2013-

Tactical victory.....I'll take that any day against a player like Bil. Heck, I would have been happy if *he* had won with a mere Tactical Victory.

The aftermath video:

Woah! Bil had a lot of troops. I definitely got lucky when I won the tank battle or I would have been overrun for sure.

Thanks for the reports Doug, and yes some luck but also you made the right calls with positions of the Panthers, you recognised the threat and moved in time to counter what Bil was attempting.

The M10 duel was a 50/50 die roll I guess?

You are right it was all about the tanks and without that edge your infantry would have had a tough time, saw one of your HMG teams on your right got mortared to death, Bil certainly had the edge with those.

BTW, I just got back from meeting Bil FtF and brought him a consolation drink as I happen to be in Richmond this weekend and he kindly agreed to meet me. We had a good chat about the game and it was really nice to thank him in person for all the previous AARs he has done for this great community of players.

Thank you to both of you for the entertainment.

Cheers H

Doug, the only person I am sore at is myself. ;)

Holien, pleasure meeting and chatting with you. Next time I'm in England I'll return the favor (or favour). Cheers.

You would be very welcome, we are not too far from Oxford and always good to talk about CM. Well I think so even if my better half thinks I am a bit boring...

(OT Just working out sites to visit, I think I will start with ironworks as that seems easy walk. So many great places to see in a short time...)