Skill Level: Iron

<Snip>  Anyway to the thread starter  96 B .   Thanks for your service.  46N  here hooah.. My mos no longer exists.

Thank you also.  So you were a rocket scientist!! :P   Sounds like a cool job.  My MOS still exists but it has a different nomenclature now.  

I am playtesting a scenario that illustrated some other situations where Iron differs from  Elite. As far as I can tell Iron is the only skill level where darkness and weather conditions can affect C2.

1AM dense fog Iron

esZ2sW.jpg

1AM dense fog Elite

2Rd4Qm.jpg

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

I am playtesting a scenario that illustrated some other situations where Iron differs from  Elite. As far as I can tell Iron is the only skill level where darkness and weather conditions can affect C2.

Interesting, thanks! I´m playing iron since day one, so I can´t really compare. Another detail worth to be included in the game manual, if it´s true.

Well, since C2 on Iron mode depends on actually spotting the leader unit (and not just drawing an unobstructed line), this is to be expected. Likewise, smoke would break C2, or if the leader unit is hiding in tall grass.

I wonder if troops are more likely to surrender on Iron mode, as having other friendly units nearby seems to prevent surrendering? The scared unit might be more prone to panic if it's less aware of where friendlies are? So, if the scared unit doesn't actually spot friendlies nearby, but it has strong "friendly contact markers", then maybe that would help as well?

Edited by Bulletpoint