WIP "The precious few" (a five mission campaign)

Hello...

Thanks for thoose kind words...Glad you liked the mission !

Unfortunatelly i have bad news...

In an act of total 'brain deadiness' i deleted the battlefront folder from my C:drive thinking that that folder was an old one that i did not need any more since the game is installed on an SSD (D: drive)... 

My C: drive was getting very full and that affected performance so i tried to remove unneccesary files to clear some more space and increase performance...

I don't know why i deleted that folder !! i Know that i need it...Stupid, stupid man...(i think i did the same thing a number of years ago...)

All scenarios are gone ! including this campaign...

I still have the campaign with the first 2 missions in my dropbox folder but my completed 4th mission (the best one by far that i have ever made...) and the almost completed 3rd mission are lost forever...

I will not try to redo them...to much work unfortunatelly

Maybe i will upload the first two missions if someone would like to play them...

Again...thanks for taking the time to test this...

Best regards/ RepsolCBR

Oh Man, sorry to hear that RepsolCBR.  I've done that before with some uniform mods I made and some interesting Saved Games. But this is worse...no campaign for us!   I would love to get the scenarios you still have. Others will too, no doubt.  You should upload them to the Scenario Depot III.

Auch, that hurts Repsol.

I make many backups of my scenarios when I am working on them. I have a USB stick that I use and several discs. Anything to prevent this kind of thing from happening. It is maddening when it does.

And of course there is the cloud nowadays.

Perhaps a recovery tool might help, like Aragorn said.

I have done some initial attempts to try and recover the files (including downloading RECUVA)...

I have found a handfull of files from battlefront but not the ones i 'm looking for...

I have searched previously deleted files from C:drive and specifically the TRASHCAN..

I have been seraching for anything to do with battlefront, the precious few and btt.-files but have not been able to find the ones i need...

I will try some more to see if a can find anything good...

Oh ouch.  USB drive for work is not a bad idea - especially if you are tight on space but backups are by far the best way to protect your self.  I don't know how comfortable you are with command line tools but I have a small backup script that zips up a directory and copies it to a safe place (and keeps the last 10 versions) and optionally puts the last one in a second place.  What I do is when ever I reach a milestone I click on a short cut and my work gets backed up in two places one of which is drop box and one of which remembers the last 10 versions.  It has been a god send from time to time even allowing me to go back to a place a few days or hours ago if I make a mistake.

If anyone is interested I would be willing to share.  This is an as is command line utility that requires Win Zip and Win Zip's command line extensions to be installed (it probably also will only work with a licensed version).  I have been using it for years to back up on going software development projects (yes I have source control too but this script is for backing up you hourly or daily work) and now for scenario development.

I have done some initial attempts to try and recover the files (including downloading RECUVA)...

I have found a handfull of files from battlefront but not the ones i 'm looking for...

I have searched previously deleted files from C:drive and specifically the TRASHCAN..

I have been seraching for anything to do with battlefront, the precious few and btt.-files but have not been able to find the ones i need...

I will try some more to see if a can find anything good...

You've searched for btt.files, but also for cam files, Repsol? ;-)

Well, thanks for trying and for two exceptionally well made scenarios. I hope this hasn't put you off making more scenarios in the future.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Thanks, Aragorn !

It has obviously put me of a Little...but no...It will not stop me from making more scenarios...Infact i might start on something new in a not to far future..

I have learned alot about scenario Creation while working on this Campaign...things that can be put to good use in future work...

Regarding CAM-files...I never included mission 3 and 4 into the Campaign...I had them as seperate scenario files (btt) to be included at a later stage...

• 4 months later...

Hello...

I have been able to find the files from the first two scenarios in this 'would have been' campaign if i had not misstakingly deleted the whole thing...

It is not much of a campaign left but if some of you would like to play them as single scenarios (wich will work fine...) i have uploaded them to dropbox.

links:

mission 1.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uuyiomlbgyzwvtc/the precious few 1.btt?dl=0

mission 2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yx8boc1ufqd48rs/the precious few 2.btt?dl=0

/ RepsolCBR

hello, kch001

No i do not plan to finish this campaign. I have lost scenario 3 and 4. Many, many hours where spent working on those scenarios and i will not try to redo them.

These first two scenarios are all there will be. I hope you will enjoy playing them.  Any comments regarding these two scenarios will be welcome (good or bad...)

I'm currently working on other things...

/RepsolCBR