Artillery. what effects accuracy?

Sometimes IM bringing artillery in and it takes ages to fire for effect. 4 turns. sometimes more and I give up, spotting rounds hit wildly all over the place.  Sometimes it seems to work quick.  Anyone know what effects this. Im currently using on map mortars, My OP is a mortar team leader with a UAV and its going terrible. 

Sometimes IM bringing artillery in and it takes ages to fire for effect. 4 turns. sometimes more and I give up, spotting rounds hit wildly all over the place.  Sometimes it seems to work quick.  Anyone know what effects this. Im currently using on map mortars, My OP is a mortar team leader with a UAV and its going terrible. 

Being able to spot the fall of shot, usually. For some reason UAVs are really bad at this when they should be fairly good at it. The only time a similar thing happens with ground units spotting is when I move them away from the location where the fire mission was called upon and the mortar/arty module just endlessly fires spotting rounds, even as they impact all around the area I want struck.

The quality/experience/morale of the spotter plays a role. Sometime he's suppressed or hiding or rattled as the spotting rounds are falling, sometimes the guy arrives on the map pre-designated with low moral and worse experience level. Then its like getting Gomer Pyle to call in an artillery mission. Sometimes its just bad luck. A single building on the map and the round just happens to fall on the far side of it effectively blocking LOS.

Most often, I find it's because I'm trying to slide an arty mission into a place I can't really see properly: linear barrages where I can only (just) see the two end points, or an area shoot where I can only see the centre point and the one point I used as the edge of the area.

Or I forgot to UnHide the spotter when the spotting rounds were coming in...

Womble is spot on with what he says about the arty call in.If i start to see my arty is wasted i usually cancel it at the first opportunity.Mind you if you play Wego,as i do,it can be a really frustrating minute seeing all that ammo go to waste,especially if it was limited in the first place and the FO gets called everything,even though in reality it's all my fault.

I had fairly good experiences with arty calls and UAVs. Usually everything goes as expected, the target is hit quickly and accurately. My personal favorite are those laser guided rounds fired from on-map mortars. Under ideal circumstances the time between me calling the mission and the rounds hitting the target is just a bit over 60 seconds.

Well the fact I have no LOS and Im using a UAV seems to cover it.  I would have thought a UAV counted. Sounds like a bug or a missed opportunity here :(

Sometimes UAVs work, sometimes they don't. I haven't taken the time to nail down a cause because it doesn't seem like that big of an issue, but if it's hampering other people consistently, I suppose I can test a few things that I suspect might be causing the issue.

Sometimes UAVs work, sometimes they don't. I haven't taken the time to nail down a cause because it doesn't seem like that big of an issue, but if it's hampering other people consistently, I suppose I can test a few things that I suspect might be causing the issue.

I haven't seen it consistently, but the UAVs seem to be nearly blind outside their observation area, so if the spotting rounds land even a little bit out of it's area, the spotter has a hard time adjusting. I can understand the assigned area being it's focus, but it seems odd that it's so binary. 

How does a COLT - Fire Support Vehicle - Command Vehicle affect time and accuracy?

And does an individually purchased, single FSV include an FO?

The vehicle itself cuts the time down a bit, the specialized teams (COLT, FO, TACP/JTAC/Air Controller) basically slice it in half. Purchasing the vehicle gives you the team in the case of the M1200 Armored Knight, but not the various fire support vehicles.