Armata thread of the day

BTR

Those pix with the tarps: very reminiscent of the Nashorn/Hornisse profile.

Because its a whapping great big SPG probably. Lets see if the autoloader is effective as it is meant to be. Be a shame if there was a malfunction because the crew cant fit inside the turret properly.

Hmm, or maybe they chopped the 7th road wheel of the unified platform - the top picture is not normal T-90 hull. The plates are too high and square above the track guards, and the front glacis is wrong. The turret on Koalitsiya is meant to be unmanned and filled with the autoloader and bustle ammo racks. They must have put the crew somewhere.

Could be glorious plywoodium afterall.

Edited by Stagler

Is it just me, or does this thing look like it's something a cartoonist might have drawn? :D The proportions are just about opposite of everything else. The hull barely looks able to support the turret.

What happens when this thing fires when the turret is significantly off center? Looks like it would be in danger of tipping over unless on solid, level ground.

I'm not saying this isn't an effective SPG, just that from an engineering standpoint it looks like they made some interesting design decisions.

Steve

Is it just me, or does this thing look like it's something a cartoonist might have drawn? :D The proportions are just about opposite of everything else. The hull barely looks able to support the turret.

What happens when this thing fires when the turret is significantly off center? Looks like it would be in danger of tipping over unless on solid, level ground.

I'm not saying this isn't an effective SPG, just that from an engineering standpoint it looks like they made some interesting design decisions.

Steve

Steve, you just don't know what you can do with this:

%D9%BE%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B3%D8%A7%20%DA%86%

BTR,

And to think I thought the French AMX GCT was a behemoth, likewise the Msta-S! I believe, though that analysts misunderstand Coalition-SV. It's more than a super SPH, it's also Putin's way of increasing military housing, with the added bonus it's rapidly relocatable.

Steve,

There is a guy building a full scale Tiger 1 turret from wood. 

http://www.panzerbasics.com/index_files/90-john/john-01.htm

Regards,

John Kettler

BTR,

And to think I thought the French AMX GCT was a behemoth, likewise the Msta-S! I believe, though that analysts misunderstand Coalition-SV. It's more than a super SPH, it's also Putin's way of increasing military housing, with the added bonus it's rapidly relocatable.

It really isn't that much bigger than Msta...

PvaWgzs.png