ScreenShot Program?

Guys could you advise me on best program for posting a screen shot?  A free one. :)

May  be a few tips on how to use it.

A long time ago? I posted some screens on some forums but don't remember the program.

I think the image has got to changed to Less then 500K.

Thanks for any help.

Lane  :)

Guys I am running FRAPS  and have some screens saved. I just did not known how to  reduce size.

Will move them to my paint program and see if I can reduce the size?

Seem's a long time ago I had a program that I move the image and chop the size down.  I don't think it was paint.?

Thanks I will keep looking around at other programs.

Thanks for info

Regards

Lane :)

:(  Guys 

I am a senior age 79  I Give up try to post a screenshot :angry:  The more I mess with it paint program. the more I don't known what I am doing. I am running FRAPS  and known how to save a image.  I can't convert it JPEG because I am not a register user.

So far now I give up.

Lane 

:(  Guys 

I am a senior age 79  I Give up try to post a screenshot :angry:  The more I mess with it paint program. the more I don't known what I am doing. I am running FRAPS  and known how to save a image.  I can't convert it JPEG because I am not a register user.

So far now I give up.

Lane 

i use picassa for cropping and fraps for the screenshots - piece o cake!

Download Picasa program install. Turned out to complete Disaster.  First of all Avast flagged susp file and sent to virus vault.

Then when the install started it wanted to add a search program to my chrome Browser. I did not want this. Try to cancel the install

It did not want to respond and added a bunch of stuff to my Chrome Browser. took me several hrs to remove this added stuff.

Lost my bookmarks and Log in passwords to to excess web sites.  So I finally got rid of Picasa. exe  file by isolate to a single file

in folder. and delete Folder to recycle bin. and delete it. :)  I sure was happy to get rid of that thing.

No more Picasa  for me.

If you have installed this program and it works great.  Good for you.

Hope I don't get a bunch of Flak about this post.

Regards

Edited by Zane

Zane, hi again.

Here's the deal we gonna make.

Make a screenshot with Fraps. Screenshot gets saved in the folder where you installed the Fraps program. It's in the folder called "Screenshots".

When you are done taking screenshots with Fraps open the Paint program that you got together with your Windows. Go to "open" and pick a screenshot you want to use in that "Screenshot" Fraps folder. When it appears in Paint just go to "Save as" and pick a format (preferably JPG) you want to save the screenshot in. When saved screenshot will be of less size.

Hope this helps you and you know: Never give up and respect to you to for playing this game at your venerable age. :)

Ok first of all you don't need any special program to take screenshots, you simply press the PRINT SCREEN key on your keyboard located somewhere to the right of the F12 key depending on the layout.

Then you open PAINT, a very basic but free program that is bundled with every version of windows.

After that, press the following shortcut : CONTROL V to paste the screenshot you just took in game into PAINT.

Now select the CROP TOOL, then hold down the left mouse button and draw a square or rectangle around the area of the screenshot you want to keep. Then press the CROP button again. That will delete the area outside the rectangle you just drew.

Finally, open the FILE menu at the top left of the PAINT screen and select SAVE AS to pick the format you want to pick, usually JPEG.

Thank's guys for all the help.

I won't give up. :)  

I will write down each step of your instructions and follow them.  I am sure I just need to known to use my paint. program.

Just was in a very upset mood. When that other program messed my chrome Browser. Most all my stuff I had has been restored.

Again Thks.

Regards

Ok first of all you don't need any special program to take screenshots, you simply press the PRINT SCREEN key on your keyboard located somewhere to the right of the F12 key depending on the layout.

I wish it could be this simple - last time I tried pressing PRINT SCREEN it made crappy screenshots with not everything rendered on my screenshot of what I saw on my screen. There's a reason why everybody uses Fraps. Stick to it Zane.

Download Picasa program install. Turned out to complete Disaster.  First of all Avast flagged susp file and sent to virus vault.

Then when the install started it wanted to add a search program to my chrome Browser. I did not want this. Try to cancel the install

It did not want to respond and added a bunch of stuff to my Chrome Browser. took me several hrs to remove this added stuff.

Lost my bookmarks and Log in passwords to to excess web sites.  So I finally got rid of Picasa. exe  file by isolate to a single file

in folder. and delete Folder to recycle bin. and delete it. :)  I sure was happy to get rid of that thing.

No more Picasa  for me.

If you have installed this program and it works great.  Good for you.

Hope I don't get a bunch of Flak about this post.

Regards

sorry to hear that, I have been using Picassa for years and never had any issues like that.

To Sburke,

Question  Sir? :)  :(

Are you using a program named Picassa? I did a search I could not fine Picassa?

but found one Picasa  that's the one I had all the above problems with. 

When I first saw your post I saw the name Picassa.  I just though you had misspelled it.

Maybe you had not misspelled it.?

OH well I sure screwed some place.

Glad you program works well  I have seen some screens that you posted  they look great.

I have been working with my FRAPS screenshots  send them to paint program  to reduce size  Like 65% then  test post them on forum they Look like crap.

About to give up. for now. :(

Regards

Lane 

ever been in an army Zane? The sentence "I give up" does not exist there, only "keep on pushing" is allowed. ;)

Be careful when downloading free programs - oftentimes they come with all sorts of commercial-ware. Being especially focused on all the stuff that is being asked when you install it is important in order to avoid unnecessary hassle. . 

When you are done making the screenshots smaller in Paint go to this site. Register, then click on "Choose File", chose the screenshot you want to post on forum. You can also choose the "Resize" option to leave the screenshot in default size or make it smaller accordingly in steps. When you are done press the green "Upload now" button. 

When site is done uploading your image choose the link above which it says "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards". Copy-paste that link to this forum where you wanna post something and you are done. Don't worry, it's not a rocket science although it might sound like it. Courage!  

Edited by Hister

To Hester,

No I was not in Army. but Navy for 4 yrs. Made 3rd Class Aviation Electrons Tech. before I got out.

No  I changed my mine I won't give up :).  I have my Fraps Screen loaded int Paint. but I don't see any chop function?.

I see a section on reducing  the image so much percent? Like from 100% to 75% but I don't thing that's it.?

And when i see a section about sending the image but it want's to send e-mail?  Going on internet to get help understanding paint program."  Will  check your above Link.   Thanks.

Well got to run be back on form tonight.

Lane from IN.  :)  

Edited by Zane

To Sburke,

Question Sir? :):(

Are you using a program named Picassa? I did a search I could not fine Picassa?

but found one Picasa that's the one I had all the above problems with.

When I first saw your post I saw the name Picassa. I just though you had misspelled it.

Maybe you had not misspelled it.?

OH well I sure screwed some place.

Glad you program works well I have seen some screens that you posted they look great.

I have been working with my FRAPS screenshots send them to paint program to reduce size Like 65% then test post them on forum they Look like crap.

About to give up. for now. :(

Regards

Lane

Misspelling on my part. It is google's. It could be an issue of where you download from. One thing I have noticed lately is even some products I have always used like firefox have these newer plugins that are annoying as hell.

http://picasa.google.com

That link is from my iPad so it may be a mobile variant.

Edited by sburke

To Hester, First.

Thanks signed up to that link.  Will give it try Looks good. :)   Thank's

Then to  Sburke  I apologize about what I have said about the Picasa  program.  I talked to a lady who works in electronics.

She said it was a very good program.  I just should have checked off not adding that extra stuff to my chrome browser

Was my fault. :(

Thank's guys will try Hester's program link.

Have a good one.

Regards

Zane, don't use the resizer in paint. That will make screenshot ugly. In order to crop the screenshot ie: to cut away parts from it which you don't wanna have you have to find a crop button. It's in the shape of a rectangle and I think it says crop when you hoower over it. (Could someone make a screenshot for zane of where this button is in Pain 'cos I'm on my phone now and going to my job?)

When you press it you can left click on the screenshot and drag your mouse. What stays out of the box you made gets cut off. When you are,done cutting it save it and then upload it to that site I gave you above following my tutorial.

I knew you wouldn't give up.

OK guys posted one up in screenshot area.  Used Hester's   Program.

It's a screen I had saved in FRAPs  Screenshots.   "A shot up Tank."

Can I due It again?? Did I get lucky??

Time will tell. :)

Time for a Break.

Regards

Lane

Thank's Thank's 

To  ever one,  Hester, and all the other guys who has suggested and helped me.  I still think I could use Paint.

If I worked with it more. That program I used to post that screen was TinyPic. I Like the web site. but all those ad's that show up.

I hate those things but guess you have to live with them using free programs.

Break time.

Lane :)  :):D  PS those smileys are for Sbuke  he likes to tease me about them.