Please, a new demo scenario for Christmas???

Dear Santa Steve,

On behalf of everyone here. Since there is no way we are going to get the real game for Christmas (sniffle, sniffle), would it be possible to throw us wardogz one last bone in the form of a new demo scenario for Christmas to help tide us over for the last weeks until the full game comes out? I realize you guys are working hard on the real game and I don't want to distract any of you from doing the important work that needs to be done on that. However, if you have the time, or if someone else like Fionn, etc., has the time and ability to make a scenario that we could use w/ the current beta demo it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy holiday's. smile.gif

Regards,

Mike D

aka Mikester

Well said Mike. You are much better at this than I am. smile.gif How about it Big Time? Fionn? Wild Bill? Just one itty bitty Xmas present for the huddled masses. I have some nice fruitcake (or cash if absolutely necessary) that I can send in return.

Craig (from the land where cops have to take three in the chest before they can fire a warning shot)

ps. Fionn, just wondering if you got my msg. Having big mail server probs here.

I personally would look towards and simply wait for the gold demo if I was you all.

This is NOT any hint that it is right around the corner or anything but simply a recognition that CM is progressing really well.

Craig, yup got the email but was buried (as I usually am these days frown.gif ) under a tidal wave of emails.. I'll respond to it today for sure.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest phoenix

That's easy for you to say Fionn!!! Bet your still playing new and better scenarios while we sit here and try to squeeze what's left out of the previous three. Trying stuff like unsupported frontal assualts. Charging armor into towns with no infantry.

It's sad, really sad!! smile.gif

[This message has been edited by phoenix (edited 12-16-99).]

SOMETHING SOON PLEASE!!! :-P

I've ordered - I feel like a kid waiting on xmas - except my xmas wont be til next year :-( . IF the gold isnt ognnna be out like uhhh tonight for instance lol; sould we please just get on little old scenario to keep us busy till the gold comes smile.gif

Hehe I msut say I agree with Phoneix onthis one Fionn you are sitting there making maps - using powerful nazi armor- roasting villages etc etc, and then teasing us like a kid in the schoolyard smile.gif Not fair!

Thanks for considering this BTS smile.gif

PS when we gonna get started Fionn?

SS_PanzerLeader.out

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

(very soft)

Make a new demo scen.

I am soo soo soo soo sooo sooo sooo hype with the game.... but even I get bord of the 3 demo scen. I nearly try everything I can think of!!!!!

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

3 wise men sitting around looking at the north star, one says to the other,

"we should follow it to the baby jesus"

the second one says

"yes and bring gifts of joy"

third one says

"nah i'm too busy waiting for the new CM beta scenario"

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE treat us to wonderous sights and sounds and perhaps a new tank type too! have fionn make it, have wild bill make it, make it simple make it hard, just please please please make another scenario for us to play dozens of times again!

Sorry to be the grinch who stole xmas but I would sooner work on the final game took priority. There is plenty of time to do a demo AFTER the game is done.

The current demos have done the job they are meant to (get people to want the final game), now I think finishing the game is no.1 priority.

_dumbo

Well, I’d like to see a new demo scenario for all the obvious reasons, and especially one with some new and interesting units...but, I think from a marketing point of view it might be wise to have one more really kick-ass scenario before the X-mas break. Just so people will remember to keep a few dollars clear on their credit card. Also, you don’t want other new games to steel to much thunder and you want to keep your momentum going.

P.S. I’m not sure I know what I”m talking about, because when I’ve been forced to attend marketing meetings in the past I’m usually thinking about my next move in just such a game...but this is the kind of language they use..

I would dearly love to have a new demo scenario to play, I mean I'd sell my cat (OK so it's my wifes prize cat) to get my hands on a new scenario. However, I would only want it on the condition that it would not slow down the regular development in any way. Also, the developers should get plenty of sleep and have good holidays.

BTW, I have been playing Chance and trying to get the lowest body count possible. My best go playing the Germans is an Allied surrender with loss of only 34 (11 KIA).

How's everybody else going?

------------------

desert rat wannabe

I'm just sending 7.8 Mbs of screenshots to Matt so, hopefully over the weekend you can see what happened.

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

[This message has been edited by Fionn (edited 12-16-99).]

I gotta agree wholeheartedly with the Ginches around here. No new demo! Any resources directed towards releasing another scenerio would detract from work on the final product. The demo is great as is. It has done exactly what it was meant to do. Why waste the effort when it could be spent getting ME the released game even one hour earlier...and I after all, am the one who really counts! smile.gif

Merry Christmas!

Zamo

Guest Madmatt

7.8 mb's!!! Uh Oh! Better feed that gerbil again! His little feet are going to be flying on that wheel to keep up with THAT download!

Rodent powered Modems...Wave of the future...

Madmatt wink.gif

Guest Tom punkrawk

You people want another Scenario?!?!Damn, I mean, two was enough really,think about the typical demo,it has one scenario,or only a certain amount of turns.I thought two was great!!Then of course I left for 2 weeks and came back,lone and behold,a THIRD scenario!!That's amazing to me,so I suggest you all stop your whinning and be happy w/ what you have until the full version comes out smile.gif. I know, it'll be hard,but I really think you guys can do it, I have faith in you!!

------------------

We ain't got no place to go,let's go to a punk rawk show

Goanna,

Funny that you're trying to lower your body count in Chance Encounter, I'm just trying to win again. I won the first time, from both sides, but have lost everytime since then. I thought learning what is out there is supposed to increase ones performance. Of course then again, the very first time I played it, as the Germans, one of my StuGs turned out to be Super StuG. It knocked out 4 Shermans without taking a hit. After that a machine gun killed a crew member. To take some of the credit for myself, I did many elaborate maneuvers to get hull-down shots where only one of the Shermans at a time was in LOS.

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Hey i have an idea,

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone,

let fionn make a kick ass scenario (read that he said he could put a scenario together in about an hour?)

This should also shut up any enemies against him smile.gif after all, who could be mad at that wee little irishman when he's made us a scenario we all know he's capable of!

Hell for a new scenario i'd kiss the blarney stone!

Given the close relationship between The Gamers Net and BTS, I think that BTS should introduce one demo scenario for every exclamation point used in the title of any MadMatt post.

FLAME WAR HITS CMHQ!!!!!

This Just In!!!!

AHHH The FLAMES!!!!

Monday Night Update on CMHQ!!!!

Sunday Night CMHQ Update! You Won't Believe Your Eyes!

Late Night UPDATE!!!! CMHQ Strikes AGAIN!

Guest Captain Foobar

I can't believe you people aren't posing this question.....

*what is the projected eta of GOLD???*

I'm not nagging, BTS, I know what you're doing takes time, and you guys have been GREAT all along. I think I could speak for alot of us whiners, in that it would be easier to wait, if we have a date in mind.

If this has already been announced, pleas excuse the post.

Captain Foobar,

YOU CANNOT NAIL BTS DOWN TO A DATE FOR THE RELEASE OF CM!!

They are perfectionists, something very rare in the cpu game business. Accountants do not run this company, designers do. BTS simply says, and has been saying it for months, it will go gold when it is done.

Now, based on my reading of the board, this will be sometime late in January. This is not a quote from BTS, it's just my guess. If they hit a snag, then it will be later. They simply will not release this game untill they feel it is complete.

My friend, you are wasting your breath.