The New Installer System

I experienced a Hard Drive failiure and had to reinstall all my CM games.

I used the new 3.00 master installer system to reinstall CMBN and all of the modules.........what a thoughtful way to organize installing.

It worked like a charm and without a problem. A really good system. Thanks Battlefront.

Good to hear. I did it the old-fashioned way about six months ago. CMSF to RT and every module in between, plus all the SC games and patches. Worked fine.

Now I offload a lot to external drive, but if you are not regularly mirroring your C drive, you're still in trouble.

Question? About the new installer.  This may a dumb question but here goes.

To use the new installer do you first install CMBN and CW from the set up disk? Then run the installer on the installed CMBN /CW

that you set up from the disk.?

I have two CMBN-CW-MG installed one Ver 2.12 and the other Ver 3.11 game Engine 3.

Thanks for any info.

Regards

Lane :)

Just install v3. It'll ask for your v3 activation code which effectively replaces your v1 activation code, then you need to use the separate "module activator" that you'll find in the Battlefront folder on your start menu Programs and put in the code or codes for your module(s) or bundle(s).

As ever, take a copy of your current install before you start a new one.

:) I guess my question was not very clear.  Sorry about that. If I was to make a third fresh. install.

Would I start by running my setup disks I received from B.F. CMBN-CW. Once that was done then run the new installer that I D/L

from B.F.

The above is if I wanted to install a third  install.?

Regards

Lane  :D

Whatever - the New Installer System is a big let down. All I wanted was the engine upgrade v3, which cannot surely be more than 30 mb. So I have to download 10 Gb of material that I already possess just for 30 mb. This is less than ideal!

If that weren't bad enough, 7 hours later I'm still sat here with only 45% of that downloaded. Now I might not have the fastest download speed but you know I regularly dowload Steam games of double the size of your installer in under 30 mins. And then at least it does complete the download and I receive what I paid for because after 7 hours your download has now crashed.

Now there ain't so way I'm gonna sit through 14 hours of download with the same poss of another crash all for 30 mb of engine upgrade, so can we resolve this somehow, please some other way.

I paid for for this engine upgrade last night and 24 hours later, I am still waiting to receive what I have paid for (which is not too much to expect).

I know this problem and my complaint should be submitted via a ticket but I have tried this. My ticket application was rejected because it stated that I hadn't filed in a "description" where there doesn't even appear to be field for that on the ticket submit screen. Field's entered: Name - forename, Name -surname, Email address, Auto bot check.

One pretty pissed off customer here. Please address this or else I will have my money back will be fine!

Edited by The Steppenwulf

Whatever - the New Installer System is a big let down. All I wanted was the engine upgrade v3, which cannot surely be more than 30 mb. So I have to download 10 Gb of material that I already possess just for 30 mb. This is less than ideal!

If that weren't bad enough, 7 hours later I'm still sat here with only 45% of that downloaded. Now I might not have the fastest download speed but you know I regularly dowload Steam games of double the size of your installer in under 30 mins. And then at least it does complete the download and I receive what I paid for because after 7 hours your download has now crashed.

Now there ain't so way I'm gonna sit through 14 hours of download with the same poss of another crash all for 30 mb of engine upgrade, so can we resolve this somehow, please some other way.

I paid for for this engine upgrade last night and 24 hours later, I am still waiting to receive what I have paid for (which is not too much to expect).

I know this problem and my complaint should be submitted via a ticket but I have tried this. My ticket application was rejected because it stated that I hadn't filed in a "description" where there doesn't even appear to be field for that on the ticket submit screen. Field's entered: Name - forename, Name -surname, Email address, Auto bot check.

One pretty pissed off customer here. Please address this or else I will have my money back will be fine!

I feel your pain. Bought 3.0 couple of minutes a go and now i'am downloading this 10 GB file. Looks like it's going to take me 2hrs. I agree that there should be also just a 3.0 upgrade download. This new aproach with a master installer is obviously a great idea but i can imagine not everyone is able to download such a huge file within a reasonable time.

Edited by Jane's

I feel your pain. Bought 3.0 couple of minutes a go and now i'am downloading this 10 GB file. Looks like it's going to take me 2hrs. I agree that there should be also just a 3.0 upgrade download. This new aproach with a master installer is obviously a great idea but i can imagine not everyone is able to download such a huge file within a reasonable time.

Thanks for the feedback - at least I know I'm not ranting without good reason. I'm still out of pocket and unless BF read this with a solution, will continue to be. Regardless of our predicament, this idea (whilst great in some respects) is gonna' get a whole legion of complaints when it goes cross-CM2 and large numbers of the BF gaming community all face excessively long downloads.