So has a decision been made as to additional Packs?

And if so will someone at Battlefront tell us? Sure there were some critisizing the cost, but Battlefront should be used to that with the 2.0 and 3.0 updates. :)  In my mind the Vehicle Pack was probably more work than a typical pack as it added new features such as flail mine clearing. It seems to me there's some low hanging fruit that could at least be put together in a mini-pack for CMBN such as: 

Wasp

Brumbar

Rangers

All already done (more or less). Perhaps others can think of some other things from Red Thuder for the Germans already done (sorry you can't say the Nashorn as there were none in France).

Well I'm hoping to at least get a "We haven't decided yet".

Thanks

It has to be BULGE or PACIFIC - no ?

Bulge is probably going to be an entire new Family. Or at least a module. A "Pack" is a project of comparable scale to the recent CMBN family pack of vehicles with the Crab and the flame weapons. Not a new phase of battle or an entire nother theatre. And the reasons for there never being a pacific product have been rehashed many times. Why not give the spanking new search function a go?

Aaaa. Sorry for that. That's a different matter then. :) let me have a go.

Packs you say ? How about having paratrooper drops - live in action - it would be appropriate for most if not all CM modules

Again, not material for a pack, really. The nuts and bolts that allowed flame weapons were part of the v3 engine upgrade. The flail tank is an animation plus some clever stat juggling. Having reinforcements fall through the sky with "realistic" scatter and attrition assessment is rather more mechanics than BFC have alluded to being the scope of a pack.

And frankly, modelling a para drop isn't in the scope of CM. You don't drop paratroops directly on the enemy except by mistake, so most drop scenarios would be logistical slogs, getting scattered formations mustered. And in the rare situations of dropping on a held position, many of the same arguments apply as do against having opposed amphibious operations like the Normandy landings fully modelled: they're not exactly fun, if they're anywhere close to realistic.

Bulge is probably going to be an entire new Family. Or at least a module. A "Pack" is a project of comparable scale to the recent CMBN family pack of vehicles with the Crab and the flame weapons. Not a new phase of battle or an entire nother theatre. And the reasons for there never being a pacific product have been rehashed many times. Why not give the spanking new search function a go?

Definitely a new family. CMBN is done barring packs. Fall 1944 to VE Day is a new family, when? . . . Dunno.

Pacific and Cold War Europe seem to be two areas BF has already ruled out. When they have finished off east front and NW Europe maybe they will revisit

@womble - para drops might not have happened directly on enemy. But I'd be damned if they weren't greeted by FLAK or resistance wherever they dropped in D Day. Market Garden - is an exception. But I think..,, it's too narrow of a scope to just do paradrops true.. I thought it would add an exciting flavor to an already great game.

@womble - para drops might not have happened directly on enemy. But I'd be damned if they weren't greeted by FLAK or resistance wherever they dropped in D Day. Market Garden - is an exception. But I think..,, it's too narrow of a scope to just do paradrops true.. I thought it would add an exciting flavor to an already great game.

I think you overestimate the immediate resistance they faced. The transports faced flak, and there would have been patrols, but the number of paras who had to fight "while bundling up their chutes", or glider infantry that had to exit their rides under fire was very low, and the ones that did were probably ones that didn't join up with their parent formation, on account of having been killed or captured. So, do you want to simulate a platoon of paras bailing out of their steed under MG42 fire and then dealing with the squad of OstBatallion they bumped into if any of them get out alive (potentially a trivial task for elite airborne, or potentially impossible, depending on how lucky the garrison troops get in the first minute or so)?

Not that you can't do that now, probably with more control (for game enjoyment parameters) than if you had some random landing mechanism. You just haven't got the "wingless glider" flavour object to have as your centrepiece.

If you are going to introduce para drops into the game, where do you begin?   When they leave the plane? When they hit the ground? Or somewhere in between? 

I really don't see the point of a whole new pack taking in transport planes, gliders, a "Remove parachute" command etc... The scenario editor allows us to replicate the randomness of parachute operations if we wish. And that seems fine to me.

Hmm. I'm almost convinced . I wasn't aware of your last sentence there.. That the editor allows for randomness action simulating a drop. But... Para drops aside... Wouldnt U agree that CM can benefit from an upgrade of certain flavors and visuals ? As In..,, a crashed glider or C-47 was common @ D Day. And also... Are there any fields containing Poles/stakes that used to prohibit planes from landing?

...wasn't aware ...That the editor allows for randomness action simulating a drop. ...

You have to put random arrival times for reinforcements to arrive in different areas. If you put an arrival time range that exceeds the length of the scenario, some won't arrive at all. You can't specify a limit or total though, so the dropper might get lucky and have all his force "hit the ground" in the first five minutes, or he might get unlucky and have them arrive in easily digestible piecemeals across the whole scenario. And it doesn't really simulate the simultaneity of landing you'd expect; all the paras from a given Dak, or, unless the formation got terribly split up and lost, formation of Dakotas would hit the ground in the same few minutes.

Thanks @ian.leslie ! hey.. i gave a quick look at the webpage u linked..and read the description. So.... the pathfinders have a 'command' to set signals ? Can u tell me ? (i know i know I'm too lazy i didn't check myself yet) but i intend to very soon !!

"Rommel's asparagus" that's the word !!

Do u think BFC will still find time to implement future changes ?

absolutely, but the nature of those changes is what is in question.  Gliders for example will not be a flavor item.  Reason has to do with the nature of flavor items.  BF has taken a firm stance against large ones.  They'd have to be a vehicle.  So far they have been resistant to neutral vehicles.

For sure you will continue to see upgrades of features and potentially new units.  With the advent of Amphib capability in CMBS, it will be interesting to see what gets included in CMBN in the future. 

I would not expect to ever see para drops.  The limited instances of contested landings argues against it, but to correct for the above, the Poles did land in a hot zone in Arnhem with the LZ under attack by more than just an Ost BN.  Regardless, BF rarely puts effort into something that has such a rarity rate.  Rommel's asparagus is another  item that's utility as a flavor item is so rare we are unlikely to see them.

The number of items on the flavor item request list is pretty extensive and growing all the time.  I doubt we will see more than a fraction of those however.  Maybe at some point BF will do a "map makers" pack.  I'd buy it.