Get Fortress Italy or update to 2.0 and 3.0

Hi all, I have had Battle for Normandy for a couple of years and am getting back into it. As per my title I am choosing between updating Normandy to either 2.0 or 3.0 and possibly getting Commonwealth forces or should I just get Fortress Italy?

Also is 3.0 worth getting?

Any comments/ thoughts welcome.

Well, I advocate getting everything... but if I were to go the CMBN route you describe I'd get both updates with the MG module rather than the CW module. Not only do you get most of the CW force but you get Holland terrain and buildings as well.

As far as CMFI + GL + v3 upgrade goes, well it is every bit as good of a choice, IMHO. CMRT is also very good. It all really depends on what you want to play and I find I enjoy playing all of them equally. They each present their own challenges and wonderment.

Hi all, I have had Battle for Normandy for a couple of years and am getting back into it. As per my title I am choosing between updating Normandy to either 2.0 or 3.0 and possibly getting Commonwealth forces or should I just get Fortress Italy?

Also is 3.0 worth getting?

Any comments/ thoughts welcome.

The MG and the CW module add a lot to CMBN. Especially MG.

Saying that I'm currently playing the campaigns from FI and GL and they are some of the best I have ever played with a great diversity of units and - it seems to me - much more balance in equipment standards.

Buy all of them!

LOL so just buy everything seems to be the consensus

It seems you're part way there along the CMBN path with what you have. If you like it, I'd say complete the CMBN line. I'd not pass up on either CW or MG. Both gave unique features. I got the vehicle pack as well because the units it adds make the whole game a great representation of the later war.

If you then want Italy after that then of course go for it. I feel it's better to have a whole of one than parts of two.

In any event, you'll have fun. :)