Why no Jagdpanther and Ferdinand/Elefant?

I'm enjoying CMRT a great deal, and this is a really minor peeve, but why weren't these two iconic vehicles included in the CMRT release, out of curiosity?

I understand they may not fit the specific historical scenario portrayed here (or maybe they do, I dunno, I haven't researched it that thoroughly, although I do know Jagdpanthers were used mostly on the Western front until early 1945, and that Ferdinands/Elefants were rare limited run vehicles); but considering their assets already exist, it surely couldn't have been too hard to just bring them over from CMGL and CMBN, could it?

The game currently contains most of the elements necessary for a superb Kursk scenario with the exception of the Ferdinand :/

And the Jagdpanther just looks really, really cool :/

And no, Hetzers don't cut it :/

Believe me, Steve was often as vexed as the rest of us over it. We'd get our hands on documents that state October -November-December introductions for vehicles he had planned to put into the game. Ugh. On the bright side, the eventual module is gonna rock! :)

There were Elefants on the Eastern Front during this time frame but they were located with Army Group North Ukraine which wasn't featured in the base game. You will see both of those vehicles eventually, but they just didn't come in the initial release.

They will show up..

Elefant: sPJgr.Abt 653 was modernized and elements sent to Italy where they saw fighting at Anzio, Nettuno, and Cisterna as early as March 1st of 1944.

Then.....April 1944 Elements of sPzJgr.Abt 653 were transferred to the EastFront... Autumn of 1944 and grouped into PzJgr Company 614.. there were only 13-14 still until early 1945 in which the remanants took part with KG Ritter and the defense of Berlin.

VERY RARE... indeed to see one of these beasts.

JagdPanther first issued to 559th and 654th Abt's in June of 1944 (west)

They were also allocated to 7 Pz Divisions, Pz Brigade, and the Fuhrer Grenadier Division.. January of 1945.

Also included during the defense of Budapest, the Waffen SS Divisions of the 2nd, 9th, and 10th each had 1 company of JagdPanthers.

I realize they were really rare but just for the fun of it eventually I would like to see all of the armor that existed back then be available to and include JSIII, Super Pershings, Sherman jumbos, jagtigers etc. Kinda like CMBO 1. It is great to play the historical scenario but sometimes just for the heck of it we can throw in something wild.

I realize they were really rare but just for the fun of it eventually I would like to see all of the armor that existed back then be available to and include JSIII, Super Pershings, Sherman jumbos, jagtigers etc. Kinda like CMBO 1. It is great to play the historical scenario but sometimes just for the heck of it we can throw in something wild.

I totaly here you.. "What if Scenerios"

What if I had a platoon of 4 elefants.. vs 45 T-34's Starting distance 3000m.. LOL that would be fun. Im sure eventually they will get there..

Is it possible to port it over from MG? I've tried exploding the MG file, copying the Jagdpanzer vehicle folder over, repacking it in the RT file but it didn't work. Of course that would of been way too easy...

If it is possible, I'd also like to import over the Jpz IV/70

Is it possible to port it over from MG? I've tried exploding the MG file, copying the Jagdpanzer vehicle folder over, repacking it in the RT file but it didn't work. Of course that would of been way too easy...

If it is possible, I'd also like to import over the Jpz IV/70

No. That sort of jiggering with files is categorically not possible with any of the CMx2 family. BFC are very keen to keep firm control of the "material content", restricting modifications to cosmetic changes only. I do not see that changing any time soon.