88mm gun please be transportable and (semi-deployed)

Kauz

Steiner14...the gift that keeps on giving...paranoid, angry, and just itching for the chance to release his inner Adolf.

For all of you that weren't aware the the Germans didn't really lose the war...they've been conducting a tactical withdraw for the last 70 years.

Mord.

Yeah well, what did you get Der Syphilitic Drug Addict Nutcase.. err I mean Der Fuerher for his 125th?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This may be beating a dead horse.. but just browsing a video and came accross this.

@2:06 they talk about an experienced crew could dismount and set up the gun.. and then mount it back up to another postion.

I know many have said why can we not unpack... and pack the 88mm guns.. response was.. it takes like 30 plus minutes or some odd number.. Not making an issue.. maybe because of editing and mechanics.. they can not realistically/ graphically unpack or pack an 88mm in game.

Anyways.. I just found the video interesting.

• 5 weeks later...
The 88mm not being able to getting transported and then being established seems a little weird.

Despite the fact that it was possible in CMBB (8minutes i think), we have to keep following things/facts in mind:

A.

the 88mm was a "fire brigade" always trying to move and establish at points were tanks were trying to break through.

Such a scenario i wanted to create is now not possible anymore.

B. It is well known that the 88mm was able to fire and fight without establishing the cruciform mount. Just being still on wheels. The developer could establish this mode as "semi-deployed" (similar to heavy machine guns).

Some footage of this you can watch for example in following link at video-minutes 0:52;1:02;1:03;1:10;1:11;1:35:

C. The most important thing:

"Time to change from traveling to firing position . . . .2,5 min with 6-man

crew (approx. )

Time to change from firing to traveling position_ . 3,5 min with 6-man

crew (approx. )"

This you can find in following allied manual "pdf" on page 9 of 185:

http://www.lexpev.nl/downloads/tme9369agerman88mmgun.pdf

I support your request and "it is not possible" is no answer in a computer game. :)