Ghostly footsteps in the water

Although it is a nice effect when units pass water (water animates for fording units), but unfortunately you can see movements of the enemy, you should not see.

Or is that the new secret weapon "Cloak of Invisibility" (Protection +2) :)

See attachments: The Axis side has no LOS to the soviet units or the water

You can use any map with water and a ford. Just start a hotseat QB and test it.

post-34732-141867625433_thumb.jpg

post-34732-141867625434_thumb.jpg

post-34732-141867625435_thumb.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, the silent pond has ripples which presage that which is yet to occur!

The moon laughs at the owl.

The maiden's silk nightgown sighed its lamentations as it lay on the floor.

All of which is to say...this is a known issue.

LOL at your reply but........

Is this an issue that is known by all or only those who are fortunate enough to be members of a secret inner circle? Ha ha

Is there a document that lists all "known issues" for an average player like me could read? That would even out the playing field I think.

No, there's not a listed document of known issues...unless you're a member of the beta cognoscenti, like some who have posted in this thread. I could tell you about it, but I had to pledge an oath to the Northern Democratic Alliance, or something like that, which has some sort of monk-like vow of silence. The details are lost to me, but they all kept talking in hushed tones about the "NDA" and the need not to talk. Some monastery with Belgian beer is my best guess.

"Hey," I said, "Let's tell the guys about the fancy new phased plasma rifles we're working on!"

They said, "Ken, don't whisper a word about it! The NDA! Don't you remember?"

NDA this, NDA that. Shrug. All I know is that every Tuesday I get a new parchment scroll delivered by FedEx with the entire list of known issues written on it quill pen with cool little pictures inside the capital letters which start each paragraph. It's edible, too.

Meanwhile, if your pond or stream starts rippling, you'd best get some weapons trained on it.

Mum's the word...

Ken

No, there's not a listed document of known issues...unless you're a member of the beta cognoscenti, like some who have posted in this thread. I could tell you about it, but I had to pledge an oath to the Northern Democratic Alliance, or something like that, which has some sort of monk-like vow of silence. The details are lost to me, but they all kept talking in hushed tones about the "NDA" and the need not to talk. Some monastery with Belgian beer is my best guess.

"Hey," I said, "Let's tell the guys about the fancy new phased plasma rifles we're working on!"

They said, "Ken, don't whisper a word about it! The NDA! Don't you remember?"

NDA this, NDA that. Shrug. All I know is that every Tuesday I get a new parchment scroll delivered by FedEx with the entire list of known issues written on it quill pen with cool little pictures inside the capital letters which start each paragraph. It's edible, too.

Meanwhile, if your pond or stream starts rippling, you'd best get some weapons trained on it.

Mum's the word...

Ken

Hey Ken, please stop to try be funny. I swing the white flag :cool:

To be fair to the testers, most of the games we played, at least the ones I played were against the AI, and it never complained about seeing water ripples from units crossing streams, whether or not it did see them and reacted to them is something I never noticed.

Like the depressions made by bunker graphics, this may be something we have to live with.

To be fair to the testers, most of the games we played, at least the ones I played were against the AI, and it never complained about seeing water ripples from units crossing streams, whether or not it did see them and reacted to them is something I never noticed.

Like the depressions made by bunker graphics, this may be something we have to live with.

To post this bug is no critism of me, but everbody should know it, like with Open Source Software.

I was not criticizing you, merely making a statement reflecting the fact that not every glitch or bug in the game is caught during the pre-release testing process.

That is why the forum is an important place for the exchange of information. Please don't take every statement made here personally.

By the tone of your posts, which could be misinterpreted because of the language issue, but you did seem to be apologizing for making your initial observation, and not realizing that subsequent posters were just making dumb comments, not personal attacks on you.

Misreading posters comments and true intent is one of the pit falls of internet discourse.

As you spend more time posting here, I am sure you will see that most rational and critical arguments made about gameplay or bugs will be treated with all seriousness.

By the tone of your posts, which could be misinterpreted because of the language issue, but you did seem to be apologizing for making your initial observation, and not realizing that subsequent posters were just making dumb comments, not personal attacks on you.

Misreading posters comments and true intent is one of the pit falls of internet discourse.

As you spend more time posting here, I am sure you will see that most rational and critical arguments made about gameplay or bugs will be treated with all seriousness.

Sorry, but for me it looks like that you interpret something in what is not there.

I have not apologized; I just replied your post where you gave an indirect excuse ("To be fair to the testers ..."). I had the feeling that you felt a little guilty in this post and I wanted to take some pressure of you :)

Back on topic

My Easter wish to BFC is that they should not waste time and resources for such graphical features. Especially not at the expense of gameplay. BFC will have been aware of the price for this feature. Why they release it I cannot say. I know, pretty graphics is an important marketing aspect, but in Combat Mission should you stand over it and concentrate on the essential, namely gameplay, because that makes the game.

"Form always follows function". BFC, just remember it, that’s my Easter wish :)

Back on topic

My Easter wish to BFC is that they should not waste time and resources for such graphical features. Especially not at the expense of gameplay. BFC will have been aware of the price for this feature. Why they release it I cannot say. I know, pretty graphics is an important marketing aspect, but in Combat Mission should you stand over it and concentrate on the essential, namely gameplay, because that makes the game.

"Form always follows function". BFC, just remember it, that’s my Easter wish :)

And my wish is that BFC doesn't follow such nonsensical advice. Whether people like it or not, graphics do matter, and they are part of the overall experience. It's not 2001 and the age of 1024x768 monitors and low-end integrated graphics cards any more. I'll happily take any graphics enhancements BFC offers.