Is there a way to tell the distance between your men?

The 50m is something I've never heard or seen. But then, there's an awful lot of which I'm unaware.

If you look at the bottom of your unit's UI, under the suppression meter, that space is for its command links. The icons there show how they are in command. The manual has a section on this. That's the only way to tell how far they can "hear" the HQ.

Ken

c3k, the distances on wich the use of the various means of communication depends are provided somwhere in the manual. I cant remeber the exact values right now, but they are there for sure.

I would be surprised if it was in the manual. BFC seems quite adverse these days to providing exact numbers for game mechanics. It's probably from The most important post in the history of the forums.

Means of C2-Contact

• Voice C2 contact between HQs and subordinate units can be established up to 50m, regardless of LOS.
  • Voice C2 contact between HQs and subordinate units cannot be established if one of them is inside a vehicle.
  • Close C2 visual contact between HQs and subordinate units can be established up to 100m, LOS provided.
  • Distant visual C2 contact can only be established between HQs and DIRECTLY subordinate units (next in the chain of command) and seems to be limited only by LOS.
  • Radio C2 contact between HQs and subordinate units seems not to be limited at all; integral radios or radio equipped vehicles provided.

Artillery Spotting - Special Rules

• SR-1: Any HQ or FO unit is able to call in indirect fire from any onboard artillery unit inside a radius of 50m, regardless of LOS or C2 contact.
  • SR-2: Any operational, radio equipped vehicle, whether it is dismounted or occupied, in a radius up to 20m to an onboard artillery unit will enable all HQ or FO units to call in indirect fire from that artillery unit, regardless of LOS or C2 contact.
  • SR-3: No call for indirect fire will be processed by means of distant visual contact (LOS, +100m), even though it is a viable C2 link.