Rough estimation for v3 for CMBN?

poesel

Steve, any rough estimate for the price of a v3 upgrade for Normandy and Italy? Also will "flame units" be introduced in such an upgrade or will it be saved for a pack/module?

+1

Will any packs be released at the same time as V3.0 upgrade for CMBN & CMFI or will we have to wait for a bit after the 3.0 upgrade to get flame weapons?

+1

Will any packs be released at the same time as V3.0 upgrade for CMBN & CMFI or will we have to wait for a bit after the 3.0 upgrade to get flame weapons?

good question, will 3.0 update contain also update specific units (like flame throwers + flame tanks) included in the price?

Regards

good question, will 3.0 update contain also update specific units (like flame throwers + flame tanks) included in the price?

Those are the kinds of things that ordinarily I would expect to go into packs. In this case though there might be enough of a gray area due to an expanded functionality being made available, BFC might decide not to wait for the pack but include them in the upgrade. It's their call. But I'd still guess that the odds are 70:30 against.

Michael

It would seems strange to add the functionality of fire into CMBN and CMFI via the 3.0 upgrade but then not have any units that could use it? And yes I know there's more features than just fire in the 3.0 upgrade.

A joint upgrade/pack for 3.0 wouldn't be an issue in my book. May make life easier on the installation side for us users as well.

It would seems strange to add the functionality of fire into CMBN and CMFI via the 3.0 upgrade but then not have any units that could use it? And yes I know there's more features than just fire in the 3.0 upgrade.

A joint upgrade/pack for 3.0 wouldn't be an issue in my book. May make life easier on the installation side for us users as well.

Ya getting a V3.0 upgrade with no corresponding pack with new flame units would kinda be.......like getting a new bicycle with no tires!!! :P

Just a suggestion about that new CMSF. Maybe, instead of just sticking to Syria it might cover a different Middle East setting such as a wider regional war involving a ramge of nations on both sides. Syria should certainly be one of the belligerants.but I would like to see many others such as Iraq,Iran,Jordan, Hezbollah, Saudi Arabia, Isreal, US,various NATO countries. Who might be a belligerant is of course up to Battlefront but I will saty there are plenty of very modern MBTs available to the various nations and great scope for possible battlefield scenarios. So I would like to see BF take advantage of this to produce a whole new version of SF building on what was available in that and developing the various game improvements we have seen since. Given the developments of the Arab Spring and the potential of things going horribly wrong over the next few yars a really big regional conflict such as thesort I have hinted aat sweems like a highly plausible and challenging scenario for wargaming.

My issue with a straight port of CMSF is that replaying it now... the disparity in scenario quality from TF Thunder to the NATO Campaigns/Scenarios is vast and unmissable. This is an understandable consequence of designers learning from experience and getting to grips with the new engine, but it does mean that in retrospect a lot of the scenario content that exists just isn't very good and I wouldn't really want to pay much for it, especially when the bulk of the attraction of the engine upgrades is that they allow for the construction of more intricate scenarios.