Camera view point request

I thought that's what number 1 was. Or it's pretty close, unless of course your guys are prone and can only see the 20 stalks of tall grass in front of them, or the little bugs in the ground as they hug it. :-)

It's not really close, IMO. It's a good metre above the head of a standing team member, and set a few metre back from their actual location. Having the first level be "Prone", the second "Kneeling", the third "standing" and the fourth be where level 1 is currently would be better for judging LOS. And for AFVs, having the heights correspond to the various levels (driver/bow gunner; gunner/turret coax; commander/periscopes; commander unbuttoned) specific to each vehicle would be excellent.

This is my chance to air one my own - slightly related - pet wishes when regarding viewpoints:

I would really like a option for having a close up view of a unit when you "view lock" unto it. At the moment if you lock your view to a unit at level 1 then the camera is about 20 metres away from it. One of the problems this causes is that if you´re locked unto a unit moving in an urban area, then the camera will most of the time travel through the houses next to the streets - or even the backyards - and you wont actually see the unit/vehicle itself.

Some might say that you can just use the zoom function to get closer to the unit, but I do not consider this a solution. The zoom works much like real camera zoom which means that the perspective and background gets distorted when using it.

I enjoy capturing footage of my battles and sometimes make little movies out of it. Unfortunately, the lack of a close up view lock function prevents the capturing of many of the shots that I´d consider the most interesting.

A tiny niche request, I know. But probably not one that would be very complicated to implement.

Speaking of camera view point requests - I would fancy a setting that is between what now is 3 and 4. What would be nice if you could save a camera setting to a key.

You can sort of do that now by picking a view level and then fine tuning it with the scroll wheel on your mouse. I don't know of any way to lock that to a key though, so you have to reset it every time you change view level. But since I don't need to do that very often, it's not that big a deal for me. YMMV.

Michael