CMFI GL Bulge '44 Scenario Contest (Real Prizes!!!)

Come on you battered ba$tards of Bastogne!!

Bring on your Bulge '44 scenarios

Bring on your Bulge '44 maps

Bring on your Bulge '44 QB's.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddd....

you could....

win

W-I-N

WWWW IIII NNNNN!!!!!

Prizes. Prizes. Prizes!!!!!

Not a joke prizes. Real prizes!

Amazon.com gift codes.

Starbucks gift cards mailed to you.

Home depot gift cards mailed to you (gotta be some other lame a$$ Dad types out there...) ;)

Details to follow.

CMFI GL BULGE '44 SCENARIO CONTEST DETAILS

PM me and/or post here if you want to enter.

Submissions are due by 15 November 2013.

4 categories:

1. Full blown scenario with at least one side with an AI script

2. Scenario made for H2H play only. No AI plans.

3. QB Map

4. Map only

WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY 14 DECEMBER 2013!

ANYTHING NOT ALREADY UPLOADED WILL BE UPLOADED TO BE PLAYABLE BY 16 DECEMBER 2013.

RULES:

1. You can quadruple submit. Full blown scenario really can enter into the H2H only scenario, map and QB map categories if you choose to do the work and present it 4 ways. This should be stated up front if it is the case. Or some combination of categories, whatever is the choice for the author.

2. Don't swipe other's work. We want to see some original work please.

3. Judges cannot enter.

4. We will TRY to give you feedback as we judge it so that you can fix any problems and re-enter if you have time. But we are not playtesters. Please use your friends and test it and review it thoroughly prior to official submission.

Thanks for trying to spur on more Bulge interest.

I have two scenarios in the works. Maps are 90% done. They are both Northern shoulder pre-snow so I'm waiting on MG to get some of the latest Bulge vehicles and feature enhancements.

I do plan on mixing a few of your mods (Coats, gloves, signs, other?) into the final product.

Hi Kohenklau

Kensal here! Just wanted to know if you have modded trees in your Bulge mod, to remove summer foliage. I am trying to recreate the summit of Hill 112 and by 10 July the trees there had been subject to so much artillery they had no foliage left.

Is it even possible to mod away foliage to leave trunks and main branches only?

I will look at a Bulge scenario when I have finished Hill 112.

Ta, Kensal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, an old thread from the dustbin...<cough> <cough> October 2013.

Oh boy! Look at this flop of my amateur attempt to gear up interest! A scenario contest I unofficially sponsored it myself and not a single entry....I HAD REAL PRIZES LINED UP! Oh well. 

But I think a lot has changed in the last year. Don't you? It seems to me that the scenario writing has kicked up a bit lately and that is a good thing...

Gosh, I bet if a scenario contest was to be initiated by somebody with real scenario writing credentials, by a guy who officially writes scenarios for the head shed...

yep, I bet that would stir up more dust than a battalion of kradshutzen headed to Warsaw in '39.

Who could that guy be though? Could it be......the man, the legend, the professor of "scenariology", the man with a PHD in CMRT. 

The one, the only...Mr JonS?

The answer is yes. A scenario contest is in the works and it will be official and judged by JonS. I can't release anymore details other than those few I have been given.

So, now are you guys gonna enter? :D

That's a good question, which I'm still trying to figure :D  At this stage, I'm leaning towards making it a single comp across all games (at least the WWII ones?). In other words, the scenario can use whatever family or module you prefer.

I have a particular concept in mind, so that everyone - regardless of family/module - will be designing to broadly the same idea.

Edited by JonS