New file at the Repository: Johanna Hoeve Farm (2013-07-17)

Well I was going to release a CCTLD scenario that I finished up in between making Johanna Hoeve and Groesbeek Heights. So Groesbeek is not too far out. Have a favorite board? I'll make it in one week or your money back! (You don't have to pay me really...)

I know CCABTF is old hat but it is the game that turned me on to strategy games and eventually to CM.

I loved all the battles in the game and would play them over and over again. Is Groesbeek done?

I know CCABTF is old hat but it is the game that turned me on to strategy games and eventually to CM.

I loved all the battles in the game and would play them over and over again. Is Groesbeek done?

CC2 was the best of the lot..none surpass it..neither the later Atomic games or Matrix redo.

I played just your script and I have a few comments (critical).

The scenario is not balanced, axis has the big advantage, and the second reinforcement is going too far.

I would not recommend it to play H2H, a waste of time.

Playing as axis is difficult lose.

I played just your script and I have a few comments (critical).

The scenario is not balanced, axis has the big advantage, and the second reinforcement is going too far.

I would not recommend it to play H2H, a waste of time.

Playing as axis is difficult lose.

That's funny because I've played it both ways and got a draw because the British can easily hold out at either objective. Halftracks and JPz IVs can be taken out relatively easily, and the Force strength is 3 Platoons vs 2 Platoons which on a defensive in such an open area with PIATs, Bren Guns, and Enfield snipers covering with plenty of ammo in the jeeps in reserve is a well enough defense. Anyway's the research I had done said that a large force had been spotted by Dutch resistance, that force was later to be found to be KG Von Tetau. It's not supposed to be easy for the Brits, but the Germans still need to get across open ground, just sayin'...

and the Force strength is 3 Platoons vs 2 Platoons

that's right 3 vs 2 platoons only axis are supported by:

2x MG42

2 x LMG42

4 x SPW251

2 x JPZ IV

and Mortar 2x81mm

while the Allies nothing.

The victory in 22 minutes was required fire bocage on the left flank and attack supported SPW251, the infantry in the center set without cover long did not fight.

Farm was attacked by JPz IV.

that's right 3 vs 2 platoons only axis are supported by:

2x MG42

2 x LMG42

4 x SPW251

2 x JPZ IV

and Mortar 2x81mm

while the Allies nothing.

The victory in 22 minutes was required fire bocage on the left flank and attack supported SPW251, the infantry in the center set without cover long did not fight.

Farm was attacked by JPz IV.

I updated the map to balance a bit more, I did not add mortars to the British because their mortar platoon was captured the day before.

I updated the map to balance a bit more, I did not add mortars to the British because their mortar platoon was captured the day before.

What are the changes M1 Garand? I have played it several times and done pretty well. It is a tough battle but i would imagine that is how it was. Have you uploaded the updated one to cmmods?

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished, played as British, victory. Must confess that it was a surprise, because the Germans had one undamaged jagdpanzerIV left. But only 24 men ok, rest dead or wounded. Brits 54 still ok.

Beautiful scenario; this is the engagement-size I really like. Map very nice with multiple tactical possibilities through accessibility. When you move the small units quick enough in a clever way, and be careful with AT, the Brits can repel the AI-attack, but when playing a human opponent I think the German side should win.

Had the most fun in a long time after those big bocage slugging matches.

Close Combat was fantastic game, couldn't believe my luck when I played it for the first time. Don't remember name or number, but I played Normandy and Easternfront versions for endless happy hours.

Looking forward to more of this..

Tip: when playing as German attackers, just forget about using your Sdkfz's, because their gunners get shot within seconds, their replacements too, and the drivers seem to back up as soon they even hear a bullet.

This behavior has been mentioned/discussed/tested in a previous thread, but in this scenario it annoyed me to the extreme, so be warned.

O, if the British para's in the upcoming MG defend as tenacious as they do in this scenario, the Germans have their work cut out for them.