Juju and Marco Bergman did the hard work

Hello everyone,

Judging by my post count, I'm probably the king of all lurkers. I pop up from time to time though to offer my $.02.

Today it's a mod. I like having both versions of CM Normandy and Fortress Italy looking identical. The easiest way to do that would probably have been to just send Juju a free copy of Italy and wait patiently for his mod to appear, but I'm cheap.

Since Juju and Marco both recently released mods that update the silhouettes, weapons, and such, I finally just broke down, mashed them together and created the "Juju Bergman User Interfaces" for both Normandy and Italy.

I also took the time to make very minor changes here and there, such as including early and late versions of the FG42, include the missing Reibel M31, change Juju's Luger to a Walther P-38, put U.S. ranks right side up, create an HQ silhouettes of a map case and binoculars that goes with pretty much any nation to avoid swapping textures, etc. If there's anything you personally don't like, you can probably just grab the other texture files from Juju's or Marco's mods.

I'm very pleased with the results and it looks great, but that's only because I'm not the artist. Juju and Marco are. They did all the hard work. I'm just the hack put them together. Unlike those two though, I'm lazy. So, I don't have multiple versions, color schemes, etc. I just have the one that I like, which includes the Juju UI and style of weapons with first aid symbols (updated to include absolutely everything missing in Gustav Line), Marco's Silhouettes, and minor changes to give it a seamless appearance.

So...with their permission and if there's any interest, I'll upload them to the repository. It'll make it look like all one game.

Nice von Albert! Id love to see that. I myself use a mix and match UI from both Juju and Marcos mods. Its great to be abel to customizise to your own liking :) . Big thanks to both Juju and Marco who has put down so much work into this :)

So...with their permission and if there's any interest, I'll upload them to the repository. It'll make it look like all one game.

Fine with me, von Albert. Do your thing!

It would be nice if you put links to the original mods in your readme, though. Will you do that?

Gerade als ich vorhatte, genau dasselbe zu tun...

Gut, dass ich zu so wenig komme in meiner Freizeit - wär echt blöd gewesen, das hätte sich überschnitten! :D

Mensch, ich hätte warten sollen. Dann hätte ich weiterhin faul sein dürfen. :D

Nice work!

Although now that I see the mod in action I realise I actually wanted to go a couple steps further and also add the 'enhanced' elements (range bars, calibre, armor scheme) of Marco's mod to Juju's UI...

Paint, ctrl-c anc ctrl-v is all you need to make that happen. I have put in Marcos penetration data to Jujus weapons (schreks, zooks etc).

It is that easy.. but of course it means a lot of work, and someone has to do it. The same way as Marco and Juju put down hours to complete their mods.

Pz IVG late married Juju silhouette with Marco penetration/armor data.

up83.png