H2H map advice

If you look through the scenarios there is usually a little blurb off to the side during the initial description of them that will say, "best played..." and then it will describe Human american vs german AI or something like that. Sometimes, however, the description will say "best played as H2H" Those scenario maps are reliably balanced and enjoyable.

Otherwise, some QB Probe maps that I've found enjoyable (keep in mind I've only completed a single H2H match thus far and am currently playing a few others) are: Probe Med Hills 260, Probe Med Hills 138, Probe Med Rough Bocage 249, Probe Med Town Damaged 115, and Probe Med Village 202. An opponent of mine took the time to sift through all the probe maps and select the ones that he deemed balanced.

I'm not sure on Attack, Assault, or Meeting Engagement maps though, sorry.

My first PBEM with 2 different opponents was on Bois de Baugin and is still one of my favorites. Won one, lost one, enjoyed the hell out of both.

I'd be curious as to how it would play now with some of the changes since CMBN version 2.0 came out.

In my experience, playing double blind H2H recommended scenarios is like playing Russian roulette with only one empty chamber :- )

Creating a balanced attack / defence battle in CMx2 is an art form, and there are not that many artists IMO. So my advice would be to look for a scenario that has multiple positive reviews, and not take the H2H label at face value.

If you can't be bothered doing the research, a QB ME is the way to go.

In my experience, playing double blind H2H recommended scenarios is like playing Russian roulette with only one empty chamber :- )

Creating a balanced attack / defence battle in CMx2 is an art form, and there are not that many artists IMO. So my advice would be to look for a scenario that has multiple positive reviews, and not take the H2H label at face value.

If you can't be bothered doing the research, a QB ME is the way to go.

OT: noob, what ever happened to your PC integration as a campaign layer idea? Still working on the project?

Feel free to bump a thread that has the topic in it for the answer if you like. I am not meaning to highjack this thread.

OT: noob, what ever happened to your PC integration as a campaign layer idea? Still working on the project?

Feel free to bump a thread that has the topic in it for the answer if you like. I am not meaning to highjack this thread.

Given the fact that i have had two stalled launches of the system, i decided not to mention it until i have the manual completed. However as you have asked, i will tell you my intentions.

At the moment there are a group of players who are using PzC Sicily 43 with CMFI to test the system. This test has already inspired me to re write sections of the manual. I am approaching a finished product thanks to a couple of proof readers, so it won't be to far off completion. Once it is, i intend to run a PzC scenario against a CM buddy of mine as an AAR on this forum, to demonstrate the system.