Do the new features port to SC WWII Global Conflict/Gold Campaigns?

Unfortunately no, the new features are only available in the new AoC expansion. You can import older campaigns into AoC using the 'Import' function in the Editor but not all campaign data from the previous Global Conflict and GOLD releases are compatible as much has changed.

But the main map layers should import without a hitch, you'll likely only need to redo the unit layer and unit data and a few other small items that are not compatible.

I hope this helps,

Hubert

I'm having trouble understanding why all these great upgrades -- larger map, more major nations and so on-- would be implemented without including the major older campaigns. I'm personally much more interested in playing the old campaigns, especially the various global scenarios, with all these new features added.

Hi Kreckel1,

I guess the simplest answer would be that the nature of this expansion is the new East Front campaigns and in order to make the campaigns play and feel appropriately we added in some new unit types and other additions.

Naturally along the way things on the more basic level improve as well, such as the AI and other interface features that are now also included in this expansion.

But that being said, the next expansion, Assault on Democracy which includes many "what if" campaigns centered around the Western Allies will also include a new Global campaign with the larger map, and all the same new features that AoC includes, and hopefully that will help those more interested in the Global campaigns.

Hubert

So I have Strategic WWII Command Global Conflict do I need the Gold Version of the game to install the "Assault On Communism" expansion pack? Thanks

Hi Rocko1, no, it's not necessary to have Gold, just the base Global Conflict game will do. :)

• 1 month later...

I just started a thread and I am confused on the two versions of global conflict, the vanilla one and the gold version. Do they use the same files at all? I also have now the aoc and aod, thanks moon for the coupon

Hi Huhr,

Global Conflict is the original base game and GOLD is simply the first expansion we created for the original base game.

AoC and AoD are just the latest expansions for the base game and do not require GOLD as that is just another expansion.

I hope this helps,

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...