Wego Live play?

Just to chime in... we definitely do intend on implementing what we have termed the TCP/IP WeGo Compromise feature. And that is real time WeGo over TCP/IP, but without replay capability. Which we know is a sacrifice to lose the replay, but we're trying to be realistic with our limited development resources. This form of play is not the emphasis of the game and there's reasonable work arounds. It's better for everybody if we don't tie up a few months on any one feature ever, but especially not on a feature that only a fraction of the user base would wind up using.

This discussion has been around for years unfortunately.....

The pause system they have presently is not for my liking. Having to request a pause from ones opponent I think is still silly. I have never found it too work effectively. See Signature :)

That being said a TCP/IP WEGO replay would be amazing. Don't think it is even in the cards for CMSF 2 3.0. Pity.

Good point. And is it really only a fraction of users waiting for this feature?

As time goes on and more users venture in the MP realm I think this fraction grows every year.

MP features are always low on the hit list. Strange playing against such a weak AI still attracts most of BF's consumers. Baffling to me.

I have also not understood the reasoning behind this decision. Wego without replay? What's the use in that? That is RT with a mandatory pause after every minute. Or did I misunderstand this?

No you have to REQUEST a pause from your opponent and HE decides when and IF you get one. Meanwhile things are dying and exploding all around your screen.

MP games (especially larger ones) are a click fest IMHO.

If you and your opponent have Dropbox and H2HHelper, and you coordinate so that you both have a couple of free hours at the same time, you can play something very similar to WeGo live.

You can't give orders simultaneously with your oppo. That can be a considerable waste of time..

Personally, I so rarely have hours on end to sit and play the game that TCP/IP WeGo would be pointless. And if I did have 6 hours to play in one go, it still wouldn't be enough to get even the shortest scenario finished. Having a 5 minute timer would be equivalent to playing realtime, as far as I'm concerned, and not having replay available, similarly. I don't think I've watched any turn through less than 5 times, and those almost all had some sort of pause in them, so in 5 minutes I wouldn't have issued a single order.

A "replayless" WeGo would, indeed, be a realtime game with a mandatory pause for both players every minute, and no option to pause except at the minute mark. It might suit some, but I think it'd be a very small subset, once they saw it in action.

"Proper" TCP/IP WeGo would have greater pull, but there the problem is going to be finding an opponent who likes to play at roughly the same tempo as you, and playing at a tempo that would make taking the effort to be online concurrently worthwhile.

Personally, I so rarely have hours on end to sit and play the game that TCP/IP WeGo would be pointless. And if I did have 6 hours to play in one go, it still wouldn't be enough to get even the shortest scenario finished. Having a 5 minute timer would be equivalent to playing realtime, as far as I'm concerned, and not having replay available, similarly. I don't think I've watched any turn through less than 5 times, and those almost all had some sort of pause in them, so in 5 minutes I wouldn't have issued a single order.

A "replayless" WeGo would, indeed, be a realtime game with a mandatory pause for both players every minute, and no option to pause except at the minute mark. It might suit some, but I think it'd be a very small subset, once they saw it in action.

"Proper" TCP/IP WeGo would have greater pull, but there the problem is going to be finding an opponent who likes to play at roughly the same tempo as you, and playing at a tempo that would make taking the effort to be online concurrently worthwhile.

^^^ this.

Pretty much why I quit MMOs years ago.