Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

request: more unit info on purchasing screen

BDW

I would find it extremely useful to be able to have more info about units during the purchasing process. It is cumbersome to have to refer to the manual. For example, I wanted to buy trucks to transport my troops. I had to refer to the manual to try to figure out (a) how many seats the truck had and (B) how many guys were in a certain unit. Unfortunately, I was not able to figure it out, because the unit info is not in the manual. So, I had to open the editor and pick the same units and manually count all the guys. It was painful.

Why not just display a tool-tip in the purchasing UI, or add a R-click feature to bring up the unit details? All the info either in the manual or in the game already, so why can it not be in the purchasing UI? This would help out the non-grog folks like me, and make QB a little more accessible to the masses.

This is my #1 request. thanks for listening!

I asked about this a couple of years ago.

Yeah, and it was never our intention to put the knowledge burden on the shoulders of the player. But the old CMx1 info system wasn't deemed practical so we instead used our development time for other things. We do plan on implementing a much more detailed system for the next major release.

Steve

We know that the next major release, CMFI, does not have this. But AFAIK, at the time, BFC was not yet planning on making CMFI. So the next major release they were planning on will be Bagration. So, maybe then?

I asked about this a couple of years ago.

We know that the next major release, CMFI, does not have this. But AFAIK, at the time, BFC was not yet planning on making CMFI. So the next major release they were planning on will be Bagration. So, maybe then?

We can but hope. ISTR some reference to major interface improvements. Hopefully those haven't materialised yet, and some of the things folks have been asking for for a long time will make it into v3 (though I can't remember whether Bagration is going to be the debut of v3...)

I would find it extremely useful to be able to have more info about units during the purchasing process. It is cumbersome to have to refer to the manual. For example, I wanted to buy trucks to transport my troops. I had to refer to the manual to try to figure out (a) how many seats the truck had and (B) how many guys were in a certain unit. Unfortunately, I was not able to figure it out, because the unit info is not in the manual. So, I had to open the editor and pick the same units and manually count all the guys. It was painful.

Why not just display a tool-tip in the purchasing UI, or add a R-click feature to bring up the unit details? All the info either in the manual or in the game already, so why can it not be in the purchasing UI? This would help out the non-grog folks like me, and make QB a little more accessible to the masses.

This is my #1 request. thanks for listening!

+1

Would very much like to see this too.

-F

I've also asked for a map preview with the units on it, in the purchase phase.

+1

I have often wished that would be possible. To get a feeling how much you have bought. What all this stuff is - after a while you know but in the beginning it's mostly guessing.