What Uniform Mods?

Buzz

Thanks Martyr,

So uniform mods before CMBN 2.0 Upgrade date are not usable.

The CMBN 2.0 Upgrade date was 12/10/12 I think?

baron Jacquinot,

Are all these uniform mods complimentary and usable at the same time in the Z folder?

Thanks,

Thanks Baron Jacquinot, i really enjoy your 12th SS mod. Also its nice to see you back!

Thanks, I am SS camo fan))) and I think we have some SS camo fans in Russian army, now you can see SS camo Oak leaf B pattern in modern Russian Army, looks strange to use this in Russian army, but our troops like it.

4c6c955356d5.jpg

7169fa8d8403.jpg

Looks scary as hell, lets imagine - Russian SS troops breaks into the West Europe)))))))))))))))))))))

This is what my Z folder for American uniforms looks like. I only have 1 folder for the 1st infantry and 1 for the 101st AA.

EScreen1_zpsf22df369.jpg

This what the folder for the 1st infantry div. looks like.

EScreen2_zps4ec11442.jpg

This is the folder for the 101 paratroops.

EScreen3_zpsae1f8754.jpg

Each group gets their own style helmets. I don't have any insight beyond this explanation, I'm pretty much just a trial and error guy.

Thanks for all the information and links guys.

Tashtego, Who's US uniform mod did you rename?

Is there a available renaming guide for CMBN 2.0 Upgrade?

I guess opening the uniform .BRZs and separating them in folders is currently the best way to know what you have?

Did a search to try and educate myself on uniforms. Still confused but that could be from 1960s-70s flashbacks ... :D... just kidding!

What would be the best concise authentic uniform resource besides Steve's closet?

It would seem you should not have TWO different .BRZz of the same uniform options in the Z folder at one time?

Appearance Options

Standard

Mixed Camo

Panzergrenadier

Mixed Camo

Full Camo

82nd Airborne

101st Airborne

No Camo

Armored Engineer

So no TWO 101st Airborne mod sets in the Z folder at the same time?

Is that corrcect?

Thanks for all the information and links guys.

Tashtego, Who's US uniform mod did you rename?

Is there a available renaming guide for CMBN 2.0 Upgrade?

I guess opening the uniform .BRZs and separating them in folders is currently the best way to know what you have?

Did a search to try and educate myself on uniforms. Still confused but that could be from 1960s-70s flashbacks ... :D... just kidding!

What would be the best concise authentic uniform resource besides Steve's closet?

It would seem you should not have TWO different .BRZz of the same uniform options in the Z folder at one time?

Appearance Options

Standard

Mixed Camo

Panzergrenadier

Mixed Camo

Full Camo

82nd Airborne

101st Airborne

No Camo

Armored Engineer

So no TWO 101st Airborne mod sets in the Z folder at the same time?

Is that corrcect?

The uniforms I used were done by EZ.

The really good modders might have a list, but I just opened the file and looked in and saw what the file naming protocol was and went from there.

Regarding uniform research, you should post your questions on the main forum. There are guys here that can tell you how many buttons a shirt had, what they were made of, and how many stitches it took to hold them on.

On your last question, I'm not sure. Somebody might have a clever work around for it. I don't. But somebody might.

Thanks Tashtego

EZ uniforms look very nice

"The really good modders might have a list, but I just opened the file and looked in and saw what the file naming protocol was and went from there."

Just set up some separate folders in my Z folder for the different groups with appropriate icons on the folders for me to keep it visually simple for me. mac_modtools-1.0 should come in handy for opening the uniform mods.

"Regarding uniform research, you should post your questions on the main forum. There are guys here that can tell you how many buttons a shirt had, what they were made of, and how many stitches it took to hold them on."

That is some serious Uniform Grog knowledge! I will check the main forum.

"So no TWO 101st Airborne mod sets in the Z folder at the same time?"

On your last question, I'm not sure. Somebody might have a clever work around for it. I don't. But somebody might.

Thanks again helping me get the right uniforms on the right units.

Don't use anything released prior to 2.0. They won't work right.

I haven't looked for uniforms in a week or so, so i am not sure how many author's may have updated their mods for 2.0. I have not seen many "i updated my mod" threads in the forums, besides the SS camo and the EZ's US uniforms (off the top of my head)and the others already listed in this chain.

Has anyone else experienced blue boots and helmets in EZ's US uniforms since 2.01 came out?

The "blue uniform" problem has something to do with the way certain programs save color data. When I save a texture with GIMP, for example, I get the blue shift, but if I open it up in Photoshop and re-save it, the blue shift goes away. I haven't delved more deeply into it than that, unfortunately, but it's easy to fix.