v2.01 IS HERE!

Good question. High casualties for troops moving under fire is great. But are all those now-easily-pinned troops just getting wiped out? Small arms fire in CMx2 has always used what I would call artificial inaccuracy to give its end result.

I did the first Road to Montebourg scenario -- getting off the beach and into some trenches and bunkers under the fire of 2 MG42s.

The US has MGs as well and some mortars and my impression is you have to spend more time making sure your MGs and mortars are suppressing the enemy, though US squad firepower seems okay for final assaults. Getting pinned seems to work to keep a squad from getting massacred until you can get them some support.

Over all things seemed more intuitive. You can let your squads assault until they get pinned and then work on suppressing what is keeping them pinned.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played my first simple scenario of 2.01, and really liked it.

At one point I had a well suppressed enemy MG team down to its last man, "go hot" on me as a 4 man half squad tried to move into his 3rd floor building location, not realizing there was still anyone left. He shot 3 of them in a few seconds, the last man in the team ran, then the overwatch got him.

A deployed HMG-42 behind a hedgerow making liberal use of "area fire" suppressed nearly a whole platoon opposite, and really felt like a machinegun. Happily watching the ammo counter tick down through over 1000 rounds...

• 2 weeks later...