v2.01 IS HERE!

just did a quick test

1 heavy MG section (1xMG34 and 1xMG42) against a platoon of US infantry (everything regular experience). The US infantry was advancing over open ground (from 1000m to the MG position) using a quick command.

the MG section was deployed in two foxholes. The section managed to halt the US advance at around 500m. The whole US platoon was shaken from the big amount of wounded and dead. Small arms fire (especially MG fire) really seems to have a much larger impact in the surpression bar. even squads that were not directly shot at kept their head down. looks nice. thank you BFC !

WOW. Has a dream about realism in CMx2 come true?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only had time to play about 5 minutes of a quick battle defending against the AI and it seems almost like a whole new game, in a freaken awesome way. I was defending against mechanized inf so the lightly armored vehicle opposition might have dramatized the difference (since there was an extra change w/ respect to aiming vs light vehicles) but still, the mgs seemed SUPER powerful compared to before. It seems like where your guys used to just shoot bullets at the other guys, now they shoot big STREAMS of bullets at em! :D I feel like my guys might finally melt a barrel one of these days now ;)

I only had time to play about 5 minutes of a quick battle defending against the AI and it seems almost like a whole new game, in a freaken awesome way. I was defending against mechanized inf so the lightly armored vehicle opposition might have dramatized the difference (since there was an extra change w/ respect to aiming vs light vehicles) but still, the mgs seemed SUPER powerful compared to before. It seems like where your guys used to just shoot bullets at the other guys, now they shoot big STREAMS of bullets at em! :D I feel like my guys might finally melt a barrel one of these days now ;)

You just made me spill my coffee. :D

This sounds almost to be too good to be true.

I'd be interested if this is only the result of a little parameter tweaking or if the MG-model has been improved or if a bug was found?

From what you guys are reporting, suddenly quick changes of the MG's positions should become a tactically important thing, if these weapons now are the deadly threat for infantry they have been?

Does this patch do anything about shaders or the weird illumination of diagonal hedgerows?

Have you tried using the "improved" shaders, or are you using the shaders that came standard with 2.0?

So, those who've downloaded the patch, what are your thoughts?

I´ve just tried 10 minutes of playing from saves in recent games - to try to compare the difference.

MG´s and mortars seem to deploy correctly now. :D

But the surprise to me was that the game seems to run more smoothly - and perhaps even load faster. Like having a brand new game.

Has anyone else noticed this - or am I just imagining things?

just did a quick test

1 heavy MG section (1xMG34 and 1xMG42) against a platoon of US infantry (everything regular experience).

Sorry for the Noob question, but what are you referring to as "Regular" experience? My selections are Basic Training, Veteran, Warrior, Iron, Elite. I assume you mean Veteran.:confused:

Sorry for the Noob question, but what are you referring to as "Regular" experience? My selections are Basic Training, Veteran, Warrior, Iron, Elite. I assume you mean Veteran.:confused:

Regular does not refer to the skill level you play at, but to the experience level of the troops (selected in the editor). These are - if I remember correctly:

Conscript

Green

Regular

Veteran

Elite

Crack

Ahhh! Thank you.

Regular does not refer to the skill level you play at, but to the experience level of the troops (selected in the editor). These are - if I remember correctly:

Conscript

Green

Regular

Veteran

Elite

Crack

Purely for the sake of pedantry and accuracy, and casting no dispersions on Mr Umlaut, Elite is the highest level of experience; the rest are accurate.