Can an Artillery barrage clear a minefield in open ground

Kind of. If the density is low and you have luck on your side, you'll get some conveniently placed shellholes, but it isn't at all guaranteed.

Also: if you run troops into a minefield, find AP mines the hard way and have engineers clear them, that does not clear AT mines, even though the field is marked white.

I don't recall ever getting rid of all mines by shooting. In theory it might be possible, but it's very unlikely. I think you might be able to reduce the effectiveness of a minefield that way, but that's a waste of firepower (rather use the artillery to lay covering smoke so you can cross the minefields without further harassment).

The best way to deal with mines is to a) avoid them entirely, followed by B) marking them, then moving very slowly through. Even marked minefields can kill your men so there is no guarantee.

Kind of. If the density is low and you have luck on your side, you'll get some conveniently placed shellholes, but it isn't at all guaranteed.

Also: if you run troops into a minefield, find AP mines the hard way and have engineers clear them, that does not clear AT mines, even though the field is marked white.

It doesn't clear any mines. It marks them so that it's less likely your units will set them off. Infantry moving Slow or Normal will almost never set off mines in a marked AS, but moving faster increases the risk. I thought vehicles were affected the same way (wrt AT mines), but your observation may be correct.

I had an funny incident. 2nd mission courage and fortitude there is a barbed wire in front of a bridge. my pioneers found and marked mines there. So I could not blast the wire without risking casualties. I decided my Sherman should breach a hole in the barbed wire with HE. Ok the Sherman could not harm the wire but after a few shots the mine marker changed from yellow to green.

So I thought I could blast the wire with the pioneers. But I thought wrong. Half of the team went WIA after they blasted the wire.

I had an funny incident. 2nd mission courage and fortitude there is a barbed wire in front of a bridge. my pioneers found and marked mines there. So I could not blast the wire without risking casualties. I decided my Sherman should breach a hole in the barbed wire with HE. Ok the Sherman could not harm the wire but after a few shots the mine marker changed from yellow to green.

So I thought I could blast the wire with the pioneers. But I thought wrong. Half of the team went WIA after they blasted the wire.

Just because a field is marked green doesn't mean it's all clear. Just means it's as tractable as it's going to get.

Interesting I've always heard it quoted at 150mm. 105mm would make much more sense to me, it seemed high to me at 150mm. Then again I honestly wouldn't know, I've never tried minefield clearance with any type caliber weapon =P Perhaps the manual has a type and it's just been repeated verbatim?