Dismounting troops from a vehicle at a waypoint

Is it possible to dismount troops from a vehicle at a waypoint?

I have tried this in many different ways. I tried pausing at a waypoint for 20 seconds, while issueing orders for the troops to move off the truck. But that does not seem to work. The troops just sit in the vehicle and wait.

Any ideas?

Umlaut's right. The only way troops will exit a vehicle is if the vehicle has no orders at the point they're given the "Dismount" command. So in the order phase, if you hit dismount before giving the transport any orders, the truppen will disembark before the vehicle moves off (and it will wait for them to do so). Or you can give a passenger a move order, and when the vehicle runs out of orders and stops, they'll get out and start proceeding afoot to where the move order sends them.

It's a limitation of several commands that they're tied to the current location rather than waypoints. Not a problem in RT: you'd just stop the vehicle and give it its next destination once the passengers have debussed. In WeGo, though, you have to wait til the end of a movement or a turn break to get troops off their mounts.

I am pretty sure that´s not possible: There is no way - as far as I know - that you can tell units to dismount from a specific waypoint. So they will never dismount until the vehicle has reached the last waypoint.

So if I follow you correctly, I can have, say, a half-track with a squad in it and the 1/2T has orders to move, say 3 waypoints. If I order the men to dismount, will they remain inside until the last waypoint is reached? Or will they leave and only then will the vehicle make it's 3 moves?

they will only dismount when the last waypoint is reached.

One second though if the half track has no current orders and you give the passengers a dismount order and then give the half track move orders I thought the HT will wait for the passengers to disembark and then drive away. Is that just my poor memory?