Is there a mod for the Wind Sounds

Artofwar

You must be referring to the ambient sounds. In which case your culprit is possibly the "background wind.wav" file.

I think there is a mod for ambient sounds in the BF repository. I would suggest that having downloaded it, or alternatively having exploded the stock .brz files, you can locate the said file by playing it with directly with you default audio player. Then simply replace the file with any other of your choosing - ensuring of course that you retitle the new file with the name of the offending file. Throw it in your mod folder in the Data directory. If you are stuck for something appropriate to replace it with, you'll find lots of ambient sounds available online for free. A quick search will yield lots of gaming sites with audio material for free use.

Hope that helps...

Whil;e we're at it, are there any "birders" here? What's the bird that is always singing in my ear? I want to know so that I can go to France this summer and strangle every friggin' one of them!

Clearly, the poster has an anger management problem, brought about by excessive time spent playing violent video games...:-)

CC: ASPCA

I don´t know how the wind sounds in your game is, but here is a suggestion based on my own experiences:

With regular intervals I´ve had games with a very loud (gale-like) wind sound. It quickly became apparent to me that when this happened something had gone wrong while loading the game.

What I then discovered was that this only happened if I exited the game to the desktop or some other programme while the game was loading. Now I always stay in CMBN while the load screen is on. And I never experience these wind noises any more.

Hope this helps.

PS: For some reason I´ve never experienced this in CMFI. Thus, I expected that the wind noise problem would disappear with the 2.0 upgrade. So after the upgrade I exited to another programme while loading - and the gale sound was back. So the upgrade didn´t help.

:mad:Ok I could not find anything in the Normandy v200.brz file but thats because I guess because files not in the Normandy v200.brz file but in other brz files like in the Normandy V100A.brz file there is a file named background day combat so when I put a file named background day combat in my Z folder having the background day combat sound OTHER THAN the one in the Normandy v100A.brz file but having the sound I want it plays this new background day combat file in my z folder ... ok so in the Background folder under sound in the v100a.brz file there are two files background Fog.wav and background wind.wav these two files ALMOST ruin the game for me TOTALLY:mad: Ok so I am going to edit them i was going to delete them oh that won't work I guess I have to have two files in my z folder named with these exact names or something ok thanks

Hey Mord ... I am blind I just now read it :P I went to youtube to see a video on how to change the properties of my Sound Recorder in Windows 7. I right clicked on Sounded recorder and edited the "TARGET" area so it enables me to save files as .wav files then I recorded NOTHING and saved this quiet sound of NOTHING to the same file names as background fog.wav and as background wind.wav and made sure these .wav file names with NOTHING in them are in my Z folder. I think it fixed it it is QUIET I only hear my background day combat. wav noise now until a flame thrower guy lights the woods around me on fire.:D