Devil's Descent

I know others have posted about this, but I just wanted to add my appreciation for this scenario. I'm on the second phase, securing the town, and I selected attack now without waiting for reinforcements, if only because on D-Day morning, I feel that's what the men on the ground would have chosen, not knowing if any reinforcements were imminent.

It's fun reading the immersive story, and I'll admit being swayed by the fact I'm an ex- 82d Abn Division artillery officer.

Thanks for the hard work that went into creating this fine effort.

Dave

I know others have posted about this, but I just wanted to add my appreciation for this scenario. I'm on the second phase, securing the town, and I selected attack now without waiting for reinforcements, if only because on D-Day morning, I feel that's what the men on the ground would have chosen, not knowing if any reinforcements were imminent.

It's fun reading the immersive story, and I'll admit being swayed by the fact I'm an ex- 82d Abn Division artillery officer.

Thanks for the hard work that went into creating this fine effort.

Dave

Its always nice to read these kinds of comments. This mod is prominent on my to-do list; just haven't been able to get to it yet. I certainly look forward to doing so. Thank you, modders!

I`m a Newbie as well. I`ve had the game a while but only really just started to get "into" it. I think I did things the wrong way round - attempted "Courage and Fortitude" straight away, after a little dip into the demo - NOT a good idea! Then moved onto "The Scottish Highway", a little better, but again not ideal when your just starting out. After getting very frustrated at my tactical and strategic inability I left the game alone for a while. Then after reading the forums, and specifically how this Campaign was a good one to begin with, I tried again, and I have to say what a good decision that was. The fact that you only have to mainly deal with infantry, and you haven`t got allsorts going on all over the map, leading me to confusion, has helped me enormously to understand how to manoeuver, and look after my troops. I finished that campaign and am currently playing "Road to Montebourg", which seems to be a nice progression from "Devils Descent", and I`m really enjoying myself.

So thanks very much to the designers - your efforts are much appreciated :)

Cheers

Rob

• 2 years later...

Just finished this campaign...fully modded with Aris, Pat TaL and Juju's Mods...absolutely outstanding visuals...almost like watching a Band of Brothers' episode.

Eked out a minor victory...very satisfactory for only my 4th or 5th campaign.

Well done...highly recommended for beginning players or someone who has never played a full campaign...14 missions of various difficulties..all very authentic and with a great back story as well.