Dear Santa Charles...

That is an excellent idea.

If they could code a 1 meter below-grade-level fortification, that would be just fine. It could show as a 1 meter mound that matches the dimensions of said item after setup, and/or be invisible to the enemy... like minefields or TRPs.

Underground/covered trenches, that can be stitched together just like our current ones.

----

yep, think just a 2D footprint would be enough and bits of reaction code, beside blasting with HE, when enemy infantry gets very close. Some basic abstractions should do the purpose actually, so there´s no need to bother with 3D stuff.

"The group selection function allows you to assign multiple cover arcs..."

Understood noob. However, if you want to make (for example) a classic armored wedge you'll have arcs facing right, left and straight ahead, even to the rear in some cases.

In fact this also is supporting argument for the introduction of formation commands. A formation command, say a wedge, could automatically place your armor in such a formation with all the arc facings in place with one command. Then you could order echelon right or left and the arcs would also automatically change.

This sort of feature would save a lot of time/non-entertaining "make work" and help make larger (multiple company) scenarios playable more quickly and easily.

But, I would be happy with the simple reintroduction of the 180 degree arc command. I would prefer it to be an addition, but given the choice I would get rid of the 360 degree arc if that was the only way. In CM1 I virtually never wished I could have 360 degree cover, and I find it rarely useful in CM2.

Understood noob. However, if you want to make (for example) a classic armored wedge you'll have arcs facing right, left and straight ahead, even to the rear in some cases.

In fact this also is supporting argument for the introduction of formation commands. A formation command, say a wedge, could automatically place your armor in such a formation with all the arc facings in place with one command. Then you could order echelon right or left and the arcs would also automatically change.

This sort of feature would save a lot of time/non-entertaining "make work" and help make larger (multiple company) scenarios playable more quickly and easily.

But, I would be happy with the simple reintroduction of the 180 degree arc command. I would prefer it to be an addition, but given the choice I would get rid of the 360 degree arc if that was the only way. In CM1 I virtually never wished I could have 360 degree cover, and I find it rarely useful in CM2.

Text book formations are for text books. I take your point but I very rarely would use a text book wedge - I adapt the formation based on terrain etc i.e. taking advantage of depressions etc. This is also what RL units did adopting a loose formation at best - then what about how that formation interacts with different terrain or you want your armour covering their front right?

This idea would be good for a 2D game with terrain abstracted but not the 3D world in CMX2 I think.

Agree.

At the start of a scenario or for rally points and such, the formation feature would be a time saver imo. Always wanted that to be in CMx1 as well (still do :D) . Otherwise, I am with what GeorgeMC mentioned to a point (loose formations, taking advantage of terrain).

I like all of Schultz's list however, in terms of GAMEPLAY, the few that would make the most improvement and help speed up gameplay would be:

3. Exterior 'ACQUIRE". Stop making us jump inside to grab ammo. Same or adjacent action spot should be fine.

(I understand that it takes time to get ammo from a truck, but in RL, a squad could entirely split into one and two man teams and enter several vehicles simultaneously to scrounge for ammo. Currently, if you need ammo from one vehicle and rockets from another, and different ammo from a third etc etc it takes forever in WEGO mode and adds nothing to the entertainment value, AND is unrealistic.)

7. Fix the ammo sharing so Bearer ammo is used FIRST.

Also, of course bring back the "easy click" 180 degree arc.

These three would reduce frustration and waste of time issues the most.