Combate mission normandy for MAC - URGENT

Looks legit enough to me except for the broken paypal button.

I bought the bundle, let's see where it ends up.

OK - be interested to know. Just seems odd BF would go for some unkown guy to sell their stuff - I beleive they are adamant about it only being available direct from BF.

OK - be interested to know. Just seems odd BF would go for some unkown guy to sell their stuff - I beleive they are adamant about it only being available direct from BF.

I bet this comes round-trip through the Mac store.

I got a download and a key and all looks kosher. Didn't install yet.

JRMC1789,

This should be called the Kiss Your Life Goodbye Bundle! Would love to know how this concept's supposed to work as a financial approach. Were I contemplating this or similar, I'd want to know whether it would be patchable. I have seen the MacHeist Bundle, but the principle there is a bit different--progressive unlocking, huge volumes of sales and every bundle contributes to charity. That model at least makes sense. I simply can't imagine BFC's making CMBN available for a pittance, when that's anything but the way it markets CM in any form. You won't find the BFC version of even CMBO in any $5 bargain bin. Just checked. It's $15.00 and worth every penny--twelve years after release.

Regards,

John Kettler

JRMC1789,

This should be called the Kiss Your Life Goodbye Bundle! Would love to know how this concept's supposed to work as a financial approach. Were I contemplating this or similar, I'd want to know whether it would be patchable. I have seen the MacHeist Bundle, but the principle there is a bit different--progressive unlocking, huge volumes of sales and every bundle contributes to charity. That model at least makes sense. I simply can't imagine BFC's making CMBN available for a pittance, when that's anything but the way it markets CM in any form. You won't find the BFC version of even CMBO in any $5 bargain bin. Just checked. It's $15.00 and worth every penny--twelve years after release.

Regards,

John Kettler

Well thats what I thought. Be nice if we got something official. If there is a key for the game it must have to go through BFs DRM so it must be approved by them so unless they have sold hundreds of keys to this guy at a huge mark down I cant see this being legit. For people that wont even put their game on steam this just makes no sense.

Gen Von Television,

I thought that might be the case, but believed the mere writing of the word meaning ripped off electronic games and such, might cause a BFC backblast and lead to an inadvertent violation of Forum Rules by me. Since I have no idea how this deal works or could work, I am quite wary of it and have no desire to do anything which deprives BFC of well-deserved revenue.

On a somewhat related note, I didn't go for the MacHeist Bundle because, while pretty cool in terms of offerings, and a huge value as far as price, most of it either wasn't germane to what I do and/or would require a steep learning curve (have enough of those already) in order to run, say, a paint program. Being no graphic artist, and so busy and overloaded I rarely have the time and mental focus to play CMBN, it strikes me as rather dumb to take on learning and mastering several new programs, when I really don't know CMBN and still have Dragon, the voice recognizing software, to install and learn to use.

Piracy always has a price. It is, after all, a business when it's all said and done. If pirates didn't make money and/or derive other perceived benefits, they'd go find another line of work.

Regards,

John Kettler

If pirates didn't make money and/or derive other perceived benefits, they'd go find another line of work.

I wouldn't overlook the possibility that among "other benefits" might be listed the ideological satisfaction of putting their thumb in the eye of the "capitalists", however misconceived that categorization might be applied. Some people are just out to do mischief.

Michael

Actually, makes perfect sense for BFC to authorize something like this. Game companies do this sort of thing all the time. Bundle packs like this are pretty common in the Mac software world (possibly Windows as well; I wouldn't know). I don't know this particular bundler, but I've bought similar deals from other bundlers in the past, and they've been legit.

CMBN has been out for long enough that the vast majority of people who are likely to discover and buy it from BFC directly, or even via the Mac App store, have probably already done so. A bundle like this may convince some people who bought the bundle for other games in the package to give CMBN a try, and some of these people will actually like it, drawing them into the franchise. So it increases their customer base for future releases.

Note also that the bundle does not include any of the modules, so BFC has a shot at selling upgrades to anyone who does discover CMBN this way.

In marketing terms, you could consider this a form of "Loss Leader".

Actually, makes perfect sense for BFC to authorize something like this. Game companies do this sort of thing all the time. Bundle packs like this are pretty common in the Mac software world (possibly Windows as well; I wouldn't know). I don't know this particular bundler, but I've bought similar deals from other bundlers in the past, and they've been legit.

CMBN has been out for long enough that the vast majority of people who are likely to discover and buy it from BFC directly, or even via the Mac App store, have probably already done so. A bundle like this may convince some people who bought the bundle for other games in the package to give CMBN a try, and some of these people will actually like it, drawing them into the franchise. So it increases their customer base for future releases.

Note also that the bundle does not include any of the modules, so BFC has a shot at selling upgrades to anyone who does discover CMBN this way.

In marketing terms, you could consider this a form of "Loss Leader".

Which is fine - and I wish it well. Just with BF being so adamant only they sell their product - its surprising to see this and difficult to take it on face value.

Well all I get out of this thing is a black screen. I don't know and have now way to tell whether the patch to 1.10 was successful (don't get a screen to ask a version number). I seem to run out of the original distfile so probably not.

Inside Applications is a CMBN folder that is locked from my view. That probably is where the patch went.

Thanks a lot.

Quite honestly I don't understand the screen that comes up when double-clicking the downloaded image.

It has a huge display of "CMBN" and a big arrow pointing to "applications". But there is no action to take.

I have manually installed the image contents into /applications and then the patch contents over it. Now it comes up with a black screen and one round item with a tank in it.

I see no trace of a macgames folder.

ETA: all this after entering the license. It asked for the license once but never again.

This is how it worked for me:

After paying for the Bundle I (was instructed to) downloaded the MacGames store application, which was then installed into the application folder. Running this app. took me to the MacGames store where I navigated to the MacLegion Bundle and clicked on the "install (or download Button?). The game was installed into in a sub-folder of the Macgames Store folder in the application folder.

I hope this helps!

David

This is how it worked for me:

After paying for the Bundle I (was instructed to) downloaded the MacGames store application, which was then installed into the application folder. Running this app. took me to the MacGames store where I navigated to the MacLegion Bundle and clicked on the "install (or download Button?). The game was installed into in a sub-folder of the Macgames Store folder in the application folder.

I hope this helps!

David

Hmmm, OK. I got a direct download of a CMBN image. Never seen any trace of a MacGames store app. Nor would I install one.

Drag "CMBN" across the arrow to where it says "applications."

OK, that kind of worked.

How in the world was I supposed to know that?

Doing that the patch also installs over the right location (duh!). Why is the patch happily installing if you don't have the actual game in the expected location? Why is the patch starting up instead of giving an error message when vital parts of the application (aka all of it) are missing?