PC Game Review: Combat Mission: Fortress Italy

Anyone interested in this game should be a regular visitor to The Wargamer, very nice site with good reviews.

To hijack this thread for a moment, Robert Citino has an active blog on WWII here:

http://www.historynet.com/magazines/world_war_ii/front-and-center

which covers a fairly diverse range of topics. Recent posts have included some on the Italian Army and the war in Abyssinia/Ethiopia. Interesting stuff from a good writer.

The_Wargamer,

Welcome aboard!

That is a well written dissection of the game, by someone whose handle somehow seems familiar.

Aww. Busted. Thanks for the compliment.

Nice review :)

Ta. :)

You might want to re-check some of the images. A few of the thumbnails don't seem to correspond to the full-sized image (unless I'm having caching issues?)

Good catch. I didn't go through the images; was too excited that it was out there. I see what you mean; there are a few with no large one either.

Excellent review, womble. I particularly appreciated your discussion regarding the number of maneuver elements one can get from each of the armies participating in the Sicily campaign.

Overall, one of the best reviews I have read on a wargame in quite some time. Congrats!

What FO said!